Part 16

A/N I wanted to try something new with the writing so please tell me if you prefer this style or the old way.

*Third Person POV*
Lunch had just ended in the burrow, it was busy and bustling so many people crowded the small ground floor of the house. There were an anxious air in the living room as Alicia and the Gryffindor trio were all sat on one of the sofas all of them had a letter in their hands which contained the results of their OWLS.

Alicia's tentatively opened her letter and was relieved to see that she had passed most of her exams well with outstandings and exceeds expectations except for Herbology which she had predicted that she would fail and she had received a dreadful in it.

"What did you get?" Hermione asked as she peered over Alicia shoulder trying to get a glimpse of the letter in her hands.

"I passed most of my subjects except for Herbology but that's not much of a shock really" Alicia replies with a small relieved smile as these results had been causing her a lot of stress.

"Blimey Rowell you got a dreadful in Herbology that's an achievement itself" Ron laughed as he took a look at her results.

"Shut up Red Head" Alicia replied not finding Ron's joke funny at all.

The friends continued discussing their results and what they wanted to do in the next school year which was only a few days away.

*The Next Day*

It was almost time for the Weasley's and co to go to Diagon Alley to buy books for the new school year and visit the Weasley twins in their new shop, The Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. As they all gathered around the fireplace about to use the floo powder network. There was a knock on the door which no one was expecting.

Mrs Weasley ran and opened it and in walked Sirius Black whose name had recently been cleared by the ministry due to testimony from Dumbeldore and the discovery of Peter Pettigrew still being alive.

"Sirius!" Harry said as the recently cleared convict walked into the room. Harry ran up to Sirius and jumped into his arms while the rest greeted him with smiles and waves.

"I'm sorry to disrupt your trip if I had known I'd come at a different time but I need one of the kids to accompany me to Grimmauld Place and help me out with something" Sirius spoke being very ambiguous and not really revealing the true extent of his visit.

"Well when do we leave" Harry said with a bright smile laced on his lips which caused Sirius to take in an awkward gulp.

"I was actually hoping Alicia would come with me if that's alright with you" he said which caused the smile from Harry's face to fade and a slightly shocked expression to appeared on Alicia's.

"Yeah sure um...let's go, I'll see you later guys" Alicia spoke and she could feel the awkwardness in the air as Sirius' business normally concerned Harry and looking at him it was obvious he had taken a small blow from the situation.

Both Sirius and Alicia left the Weasley house immediately and aparated to Grimmauld Place, there was an uncomfortable air surrounding them as they entered as neither said a word to the other as they had barely ever been together alone.

As they walked up the stairs to the second floor of the house, Alicia finally broke the unbearable silence between them and asked Sirius a question one that had been on her mind since they left the Burrow.

"Why'd you bring me here and not Harry?"

Which caused Sirius to sigh and stop and face her, emotions swirling in his eyes screaming out at Alicia.

"It's I have something for you it belonged to your parents, wait here" he said although it looked like there was so much more he wanted to say.

He left Alicia alone as he travelled further up in the house. It had been several minutes and yet Sirius still wasn't back, so Alicia took this to her advantage and started to wonder around the vast second floor, she walked into a room on the left side where she stumbled upon the Black family tree.

She studied the wall intently, what interested her deeply was the burn marks on the wall. Who could destroy family ties so easily? She thought to herself as she ran her hand on a particular burn mark, it belonged to Sirius Black himself.

As if on cue Sirius walked into the room the white around his eyes were a faint red as if he had been crying only a few moments ago but Alicia took no notice of it as she turned to him.

"Here, I just misplaced it that's way it took awhile" He said as he handed the item to her.

Alicia held it in her hands, it was a silver chain with two rings dangling off of it, she examined them carefully. On one of the rings was a beautiful diamond the likes of which Alicia had never seen before. The other was a silver band with an emerald on it.

"The diamond ring belonged to your mother it was her wedding ring and the silver one was your father's it's a family heirloom and I thought it was finally time I returned them to you" Sirius spoke as Alicia continued running her thumb over the rings, keeping her head down unable to look at Sirius as she didn't want him to see the tears which had began welling up in her eyes making them all glossy.

She never really had anything sentimental connecting her to her parents she barely remembered them unlike Edmund who still had vague memories of them and he had a locket containing a picture with the four of them.

"Did you know them well?" Alicia asked him finally glancing up at him but turning her face not allowing him to see her glossy eyes.

"Yes I...I did, your mum was a year older than me, she was a bright and kind, she helped me as much as she could and become one of my best friends and she looked after me after I ran away from my family and she became my family." Sirius spoke while resting his hand on Alicia's shoulder as a way to comfort her which finally gave her the courage to meet his eyes and then the tears started to slowly fall down her face.

"I hear a lot about my mum and I thank you for telling me all of this but I don't know much about my dad no one seems to really talk about him, do you know anything about him?" Alicia asked while wiping the steady flow of tears which were leaving her eyes.

"Of-of course, I-he was... three years older than I was so I didn't see much of him in Hogwarts but once your mother introduced him to me, I got to know him better, he was a Slytherin like you, he was a smart man and he loved your mum dearly it was clear from the get go, he was...a good man" Sirius spoke finally allowing Alicia to receive information about her father.

Now Alicia couldn't stop the oceans of tears that were leaving her eyes and she hugged Sirius as she finally allowed herself to be comforted by someone in a long time.

A/N Hi guys please let me know if you prefer the writing this way or the old way of writing. I did really enjoy writing like this so if I don't get much feedback I'll continue like this. Also hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, this part of the story I'll be focusing more on Alicia's character development than the main story so there will be quite a lot going on so I really hope you guys will like it and have a wonderful week. 😊