Part 18

*Potions Class*

*Potions Class*

It was the first day of term at Hogwarts and lessons were back at full swing for the sixth years. Alicia internally gaged as she entered the potions classroom with Dylan by her side.

"Schools always know how to make Monday's progressively worse each year" she said to Dylan as they walked towards where all the students were gathered. It wasn't that she was bad at potions it was just she hated it from the bottom of her heart but it was needed to become an aurour.

"At least Granger's here, I think that balances out your hatred for this class" Dylan spoke with a small smirk as he subtly pointed towards Hermione who was stood at the front of the group, while the duo lingered at the back.

"Don't mention that when we're surrounded by people you numpty" Alicia replied shout whispering to Dylan, something she had recently picked up from Edmund.

At this moment Professor Slughorn entered the classroom and started his lecture by welcoming the sixth years to potions and by explaining how NEWTs potions would differ from the OWLs potions standards.

Then he stepped aside and on his desk three cauldrons stood all filled with different potions. Right before Slughorn could continue talking Harry and Ron entered the room causing everyone to focus their attention on the late comers.

"Potter always has to have a dramatic entrance or be not so fashionablely late, there's never an in between" Dylan joked as Slughorn and Harry conversed at the front of the classroom, which caused Alicia to snort.

"Very funny but yes you do have a point" Alicia replied a slight sarcasm laced in her voice. The two continued to chatter at the back as class continued.

"Granger, sir" Hermione spoke which caught the attention of the pair and caused Dylan to elbow Alicia in her stomach.

"Ow! What was that for?" Alicia whispered to Dylan who just rolled his eyes and moved his head as if to signal towards where Hermione was standing.

"That's amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world, it's rumoured to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them" Hermione spoke and Alicia listened to her carefully she had never been so focused in potions class before.

"For example I smell freshly mowed grass and clean parchment...and... newly picked raspberries" Hermione spoke hesitantly as if she had just revealed confidential information. She hurried back to her place at the front of the group and threw a quick glance at Alicia who had been watching her all this time. Their eyes meet only for a second but it caused Hermione to turn her head a blush rising on her cheeks.

"Want to explain to me what exactly that was?" Dylan spoke in a teasing manor as he had noticed the brief interaction between the two girls.

"It-it was nothing" Alicia replied shaking her head at the thought, but her statement sounded more like she was trying to convince herself not Dylan.

"Nevertheless good luck to you, let the brewing commence" Slughorn said as everyone around the duo walked away leaving the Alicia stunned as she had paid no attention to anything the teacher had just said.

"Come on we have to brew the draught of living death" Dylan stoke as the pair walked to a table and opened their books so they would be able to brew the potion.

In that moment Draco Malfoy walked towards them with the ingredients in his hands and as soon as he saw the duo he rolled his eyes.

"What are you two doing here?" He asked in a snarky tone as he was annoyed he had to share a table with the pair that stood in front of him.

"The same thing you are Malfoy, trying to brew this stupid potion" Alicia replied in the same hostile manor as Draco while Dylan just observed the two making sure no fight would break out.

The rest of the class was filled with silence between the trio at the table as they all struggled to brew the complex potion that was assigned to them.

"I'm quitting the Quidditch team" Draco spoke out of the blue, breaking the silence between the three of them.

"Malfoy, you can't be serious try outs are on Wednesday and you tell me now!" Alicia replied slightly outraged by the boy's sudden revelation as she had been appointed captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team and losing her most important player was something she wasn't prepared for.

"Yeah I just decided I need more time to focus on school and...other things" Draco said while gazing at his potion, looking a bit out of it and Alicia caught onto it.

"Draco are you sure? Quidditch was one of the only things you seemed to enjoy here" Alicia asked truly concerned about her fellow Slytherin.

"I don't need you to question my choices, I hated Quidditch because I was forced to spend time with you and your friend" Draco responded he hated the way Alicia was talking to him with some sort of pity he didn't need pity he was Draco Malfoy for Godsake!

Alicia just nodded and continued on with her potion not wanting to irritate the boy any further but she was concerned about him, he didn't seem like his normal unpleasant self he seemed more dazed, like he was trapped in his thoughts and Alicia was sure to get to the bottom of it but after Quidditch tryouts of course.

A/N I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and have a great week 😊