Ch.11

Charlotte's POV
A young girl comes in. She's about my age, maybe older.

"Abigail will help you get ready. You have 3 hours to get ready before the car comes to get you." Louis steps out and leaves me with the girl.

"I'm so sorry. I wish I could help you." She sympathizes. I take in the girl's appearance.

She has blonde curly hair that falls about 2 inches past her shoulders. She has brown eyes. She is wearing a white crop top and a gold skater skirt. She has black wedges on.

"It's ok. I don't need sympathy." She nods and moves to the closet. She goes in and comes back out after about 3 minutes.

She holds the dress and a pair of heels. I hate to admit it but the dress is absolutely gorgeous. I love the huge skirt.

"Let's get you ready." She starts with my makeup. She puts on natural colored eyeshadow. She wings my eyeliner and applies false eyelashes. For the finishing touch, she applies bright red lipstick.

Abigail then does my hair. She starts by blow drying it and curling it. She then makes this cool braid in a section of my hair and puts in a flower crown.

It is time for the dress. Abigail helps me put it on and she ties it up in the back. She pulls out a ring from her pocket. It has a big diamond and two little diamonds on the silver band.

"Louis says it's the engagement ring. It's quite pretty." She slips it onto my finger. She then puts on a simple diamond necklace. We look at the time and it's been 3 hours.

"Goodbye and good luck. I hope you don't have to go through with it but at least you look wonderful!" I smile at her and head out the door.

I have to go down a huge staircase like you'd see in the Phantom of the Opera. I head out the front doors, ready to run but I see a black car in front of me.

A man steps out and ushers me in the car. The drive to the church takes about 30 minutes and I manage to make light conversation.

I learn his name is Adam and the wedding will have about 100 people. For a wedding I was forced into, Louis sure had it all planned out and that scared me.

We arrive at a huge church and Adam comes and opens the door for me. I step out onto the road, he grabs my arm.

"Run, now is your only chance." I thank him and run down the street. The few spectators that gathered to watch are shocked.

I run for about 5 blocks before I collapse on a bench at Central Park. "Charlotte? Is it you?"

I see a tall figure run over to me. It's Harry. Thank god.

I stand up and wrap my arms around him. He kisses me and I kiss back.

"You're in a wedding dress." Harry points out as we pull away. "Good job, captain obvious." He looks me over and I see a circle of people around us.

"Look, I just got nearly forced into a marriage by my best-friend. Can I have some space?" I call to the crowd of people. They all start to go away.

"Who did it?" I snap my head back to Harry's angry face. "Louis. He's probably waiting at the church for me still." Harry's fists ball up at his sides.

"I going to kill him." I put my hand on his upper arm. "I know but now can I go home? I happen to be in a wedding dress." His eyes grow lighter agin and he nods.

We walk hand in hand the 7 blocks it takes to get back to the dorms. We get several stares, seeing as I'm in a gigantic wedding dress and he's wearing jeans and t-shirt.

I knock on Tori's door because I don't have my keys. The door swings open and I see her standing there. She takes a minute to take me in.

"You're in a wedding dress, Lottie. You disappear for 3 fucking weeks and then show up in a wedding dress?" I see a tear run from her eye.

I pull her into a hug, a very difficult hug because of all the tulle. "I was kidnapped, Tori, by Louis, then forced to almost marry him."

"I'm going to kill him." Harry then peeks his head into the doorframe. "Get in line." They shake hands and seem pretty familiar with each other.

"You two know each other?" They look at me. "He's Niall's best friend." I nod my head. "Come on in and get changed." Tori and Harry have to help get my skirt through the door.

Let me tell you, they did not make the doors wedding dress friendly. I step into Tori's dorm and look down at the dress. I'm surprised to find no rips in the fabric or any stains.

"Go get dressed and then tell me what happened." I walk into my dorm and see Brax sitting on my bed.

I step in and he perks up his head. "Hey buddy. How've you been?" He licks my hand. I take a picture of my hair and my dress.

Just because I'm wearing them for the wrong reason doesn't mean I don't love them. Abigail did a great job.

I change into denim shorts and a navy crop top. I hang the dress up and put it in my closet. I put the heels with my shoes and the flower crown goes to sit on my TV. I take off the necklace.

I stop before I go to take off the ring. I decide to keep it on. It will remind me of how I made it through. Plus, it's very pretty.

I walk into Tori's dorm and sit down. I explain to her the whole story. She stands up once I'm done and bring me my purse from the party that night.

"Thanks"
"Anytime"
"You know I really missed you."
"Me too"

I head into the bathroom and take off my makeup. I go into my dorm and trade my shorts for black sweatpants. I put on grey fuzzy socks and curl up into my bed.

I turn on the news and of course, guess what's on? Me. The news reporter talks about how I was seen running from the church and me shouting at the crowd in Central Park. She says that Louis will be going to court. Good.

I turn off the TV and lay down. I fall asleep within seconds. It's been a crazy day.