Ch.16

Charlotte's POV
My phone goes off with a text around 6 the next morning. "Why didn't you go to sleep darling?" I stare at it in shock.

I run to Tori's room and find her half asleep on her floor.
"Get up lazy head."
"5 more minutes" she rolls away from me.
"I got another text."
Tori rolls over and stands up in about 2 seconds, concern lacing her face.
"Let me see."
I hand her my phone and she reads the message.

"Lottie, I'm scared."
"You're scared! I'm the one getting the messages!!"
"I know, I'm scared for you. Let me call Niall, he has a friend that works with the police."
"No, don't involve the police yet. We don't even know who it is yet." She hesitates, clearly upset I didn't agree with her.

"When are you going to tell Harry?"
"Never if I can help it"

I walk out of her room to prepare for the long day ahead. I pull on leggings and a sweater, not caring much about my appearance. I slip on black vans and head into the bathroom. I straighten my hair then tie it into a ponytail. Grabbing my bag, I head out of my dorm.

I keep my head low as I hurry out of my building. Not knowing who is sending these messages is scaring me to death, anyone I see could be the one. I drive to a Starbucks nearby and walk in. I order quickly and quietly, fear coursing through my veins.

I itch my hand several times. Looking down after the sixth time, I see the scratches carved into the pale skin. The tears pool up but don't fall. Crying is weakness, as my dad always said, and I am not weak. I rush out of the restaurant and head towards my car.

As I approach the car I see a tall, dark figure leaning against the driver door. When I walk up, the figure turns its head towards me.
"I knew it was your car." The figure smirks
"W...w...what are you d,d,d,doing here?" I stutter, my fear evident in my voice.
"Hey, are you okay?"
The figure grabs my hands causing me to wince. The scratches are painful. The figure looks down at my right hand and sees the scratches imbedded there.
"I'm sorry Harry. I'm so sorry."

The tears I've held in come falling as Harry holds me to his chest. I sob into his chest for only a few seconds before wiping my eyes and looking up at him. His once light eyes have grown dark, either with sadness or anger.

"Why are there scratches Charlotte?"
I turn my head away and don't answer.
"Tell me." Harry's voice becomes a little harsher.
I once again ignore him.

I gasp as I feel two strong hands grab my arms jus below my shoulders.
"Tell me now." His roughness scared me, making me scream. The fear and pain I feel have built up to much so I do the only thing I think I can do at that moment, I pass out in his arms.
***
Short chapter just so I remain active, I missed updating so much! Merry Christmas(if you celebrate it) or Happy Holidays in general! I already got one of my Christmas gifts, it's a puppy. We named her Maggie even though I secretly wanted to name her Tessa(Thanks After for taking over my life)

I'm updating once this chapter gets 5 reads! Please vote and comment.

P.S. I'm experiencing a bit of writer's block at the moment so please leave any suggestions or ideas for future events in the story!!