Chapter 13

"Luke, can you come to the living room," Liz yells at the boy who was doing homework still a little behind from the three days he'd missed from being suspended.

"Yeah mumma," he says walking in finding his mom and dad siting together on the couch. Liz smiles at her youngest son as he comes in the room, "Well me and your dad talked and, we've decided that you're not grounded anymore." Luke nods before leaving the room call Maddi.

"Hello," Maddi says answering her phone.

"Hey Mads, I was wondering if I could come over," Luke says softly as be bits his nails from nervousness.

"Yeah do you need a ride over," she asks softly hearing Luke anxiousness from how soft spoken he was being.                                                                                     

"That'd be nice please," he says pulling his fingers from his mouth.

"Okay Ari is on her way over to get you now," she says handing up. Luke sighs slipping on his shoes walking out side taking a deep breath. He looks around trying find something when he sees something black move behind the bushes.  He walks off the porch going over to the bush with curious eye.

"Hey cutie," a voice from behind him says. He turns meeting piercing blue eyes he bits his lip looking the black haired boy over.

"Hello," Luke says in a questioning voice completely forgetting about what he just saw move in the bushes.

"My names Matt," he says looking the blonde up and down, "I live next door and I've seen you here and there and I thought you were cute."

"Oh wow um thanks," Luke says softly a blush one his cheeks, "But umm I'm kinda somewhat with someone."

"You mean that guy that sneaks out your window," Matt asks as Ari pulls up in vintage red convertible.

"Umm I got to go," Luke says walking over to the car getting in. Ari smiles at him before starting the car.

"So you died and got bangs," Luke says looking at the admiring the brown and blonde hair, "It suits you."

"Thanks Lu," she says pulling out of the driveway.

**

"Where's Mike," Luke asks taking a slice of pizza.

"Honestly, I don't know any more he comes and goes," Maddi says shrugging as Ari seats down next to her.

"I feel that. My brothers never home anymore either and when he his he's really pissed. Him and dad have been real secretive lately," Ari says taking Maddi's diet coke and drinking it.

"You have a brother," Luke and Maddi says at the same time.

"Yeah, Ashton is my older brother," she says softly. Luke's mouth falls open he's been kind of sleeping with his friend's brother. Well not sleeping with but being sexual with.

"You look nothing alike though," Luke says trying to find anything alike for the two.

"Different moms. He looks more like dad and I look like my mom," she says softly. Maddi and Luke nod their heads in understanding.

"Wanna watch Friends," Maddi asks turning the tv on and changing the subject.

"Yes," Luke answers looking over at the TV. 

**

After, a few episodes of friends Michael walks into the apartment slamming the door and walking up the steps to his room.

"I'm gonna go talk to him," Luke says walking up the steps to Michael's room. He stands outside the door biting his lip. He slowly raises his fist knocking on the door.

"Who is it," Luke hears Michael's muffled voice ask.

"I-it's Luke," he says nervously. The door swings open revealing a pissed Michael.

"What the fuck do you want? Here to shove my feelings in my face again," Michael asks with a roll of his green eyes.

"No Mike I-," Luke starts but is cut off by Michael.

"No it's not Mike to you it Michael. Only my friends call my Mike," Michael grumbles before taking a drink of the beer that's in his hand. Luke looks down at his feet in hurt tears filling his blue eyes.

"M-Michael I'm sorry please I miss my best friend," Luke says softly.

"Sure you do! Your such a little bitch Luke," Michael says angrily pushing Luke, "You fucked with my feelings know that I loved you! What is it now Luke? Ashton not what you thought he was?"

"M-Michael," Luke says shakily as a tear rolls down his cheek, "Please I didn't mean to hurt you!"

"Fuck you Luke," Micheal yells pulling his arm back without thinking punching Luke. Luke head snaps to the side from the force of the punch. A surprised gasps leaves Luke's lips before tears start to freely roll down his face.

"Oh my fucking God! Luke I'm sooo sorry I didn't mean to," Michael quickly says realizing what he's just down. Luke looks at him with tears rolling down his face and a bruise already being to form under his eye.

"I just wanted my friend back," Luke says his voice cracking before he runs downstairs and out of the apartment.