Chapter 16

Dedication highs_and_lows every single book I write is because of you. I love you so much and you mean the world to me. You are my biggest inspiration. Thank you for being an amazing friend. Your my best friend!

Also dedicated to rulerofvenus for being a loyal reader and letting me know some people actually like my work. ❤️

A/N: Happy Valentines Day!

Ashton sneaks inside Luke's house through the back door making his way through the kitchen, past the living room, and up the stairs. He walks into Luke's room looking around for any signs of someone. When finding none he knocks on the bathroom door saying, "Luke baby are you in there? It's me, Ash."

Luke slowly opens the door looking at Ashton jumping into his arms. Ashton holds him running through his hair, "You're okay Lu."

Luke nods closing his eyes moving closer to Ashton taking in his smell scrunching his nose, "You smell like alcohol and cigarettes."

"I was at a club before coming here," Ashton says shrugging, "Can you tell me what the person in your room looked like?"

"I don't know he was wearing all black had a hood on," Luke said softly. Ashton nods running his fingers down Luke's back, "Whoever it was won't be back because you'll never be alone. Do you understand me Lu? If your family isn't here call me, my sister, or your friend Maddi."

"Okay Ash," Luke says nodding, "Can we watch a movie?"

**

Michael stumbles into his apartment trying not to fall down again. He lets out a low groan as a sharp pain shot through his side. Once, he's inside and the doors shut dose he allows himself to fall to his knees in pain.

"Michael? What the hell happened to," Maddi asks rushing over to her brother.

"A-a-sh-tton," he groans out before passing out. Maddi picks him up taking him to his room laying him down before angrily leaving the apartment. She puts her helmet on before jumping o her black and pink motorcycle. As she pulls up to the big house she sees Ari sitting on the porch with a cup of tea in her hands.

"Mads," Ari asks as the girl walks up the steps rocking her pink leather outfit and a black leather jacket.

"Where's Ashton," she asks angrily. Ariana furrows her eyebrows, "He's at Luke's, why?"

"Cause me and him needs to talk," she says putting her helmet back on getting on her bike, "I'll call you later baby. Love you."

"Love you," Ari says as Maddi drives away to Luke. When Maddi gets there she parks her bike beside Ashton black SUV. She grabs the sparkle pink key smiling at the memory of when Luke gave it to her. She uses it to unlock the door before making her way up the stairs. Maddi throws open Luke's door finding Luke and Ashton cuddling.

"What the hell did you do to my brother," she asks pointing a perfectly painted but extremely short nail at Ashton. (what she lesbian top obviously her nails are gonna be short 😉😉🤣🤣)

"What," Ashton asks standing up not wanting to say what he did in front of Luke know the blonde would be very mad at him.

"Why the hell did he come home barely able to stand beaten within an inch of his life," she asks crossing her arms.

"Because he hit Luke," Ashton says pointing to the dark bruise under Luke's eye. The blonde looked at Ashton wide-eyed, "Is that the business you had to take care of last night? Beating the shit out of one of my best friends?"

"I promised I wouldn't kill him I didn't promise I wouldn't give him what he dissevered," Ashton says crossing his arms.

Luke stands up moving away from Ashton shaking his head, "I don't care that he hurt me, Ashton! He hit me that's it you didn't need to go and beat him up!"

"I will never let a soul lay a finger on you in the wrong way Luke. When someone hurts you I'll take care of them in my way," Ashton says also standing up. Maddi awkwardly watches the two waiting until she can say something.

"You can't just kill and beat people because they hurt me! That shit is gonna happen all the time Ashton," Luke says moving closer to Ashton throwing his hands in the air.

"I won't let it," Ashton says wrapping his arm around Luke's waist pulling Luke into a kiss, "I swear on my life Luke I will protect you from everyone."

Luke blushes shaking his head, "Please don't fight every battle for me."

Ashton sighs nodding his head laying a hand in his check, "Okay Lu, I won't fight all of them."

"I'm still here guys," Maddi says waving her hand, "I understand why you did what you did but next time don't almost kill him."