Chapter 14

Luke whips the tears off his face wincing when an aching pain shot threw the right side of his face. He sighs softly walking up the stairs to his room before his parents see him. He walks into the room just wanting to lay in bed and cry himself to sleep. But is stopped by a boy in all black laying on his bed.

"Ashton," Luke says looking at his feet not wanting the older boy to see his face. Ashton looked up from his place on the bed frowning even more than normal when seeing Luke refusing to make eye contact, "Luke, what's wrong? Why won't you look at me?"

Luke bits his lip walking closer to his bed. He takes a seat next to Ashton he slowly moves his head up meeting Ashton's eyes. As if on instinct Ashton grabs Luke's face accidentally causing the younger boy to wince in pain. His hazel eyes scan over the purple and blue color under Luke's right eye. Ashton clenches his jaw his eyes becoming hard, "Who the hell did this to you?"

"N-no one I ran into a door," Luke mumbles out looking anywhere but Ashton.

"Don't lie to me Luke," Ashton says harshly.

"It was Michael," Luke whispers out tears filling his eyes again. Ashton lets go Luke's face going to stand up only for Luke to grab his hand pulling back onto the bed.

"No please don't leave me," Luke says moving his face into Ashton's chest as he cries softly.

"I'm going to kill for this," Ashton says as he lets Luke cry on his chest.

"N-no no please don't kill him," Luke whispers quietly. Ashton sighs giving into Luke's request, "I won't kill him."

But I'll sure as hell will make him regret what he's done.

**

Ashton sits at the bar taking a sip of his whiskey as he waits for a newly dyed haired boy to come in. After Luke cried himself to sleep on his chest Ashton went out to find out where Michael spends his evening.

"Are you he comes here," Calum asks his best friend as he drinks his beer.

"Yeah, I'm positive. Ari said this is where her girlfriend's brother comes home from all the time," Ashton says looking over the crowd finding the face of the guy he was looking for, "See there he is."

Ashton and Calum both stand up and walking over to Michael who had a bleach blonde dancing with him. Once they arrive Calum pulls the blonde girl off of Michael and Ashton grabs Michael pulling him out the back.

"What the hell man," Michael says pushing Ashton away. Ashton shoves him back, "Don't what the hell me you son of a bitch."

Ashton brings his fist back colliding it with the side of Michael's face, "How do you like getting hit? Huh?"

Michael rubs the side of his face before swinging at Ashton. The older boy ducks bring his left up hitting Michael in the stomach.

"Do you think Luke liked you hitting him," Ashton asks as Michael doubles over slightly from pain, "Well I can tell you that he was sure as hell didn't. Cried himself to sleep on my chest had to promise him I wouldn't kill you."

Michael looks up at the older boy before standing up swing his fist again this time busting Ashton right in the mouth. The older glares at Michael spitting out some blood before hitting him back. Soon the two were on the ground Michael on top punching Ashton a few times. The older angrily flips the hitting Michael ten times harder only stopping when Calum grabbed him.

"You told Luke you wouldn't kill him, Ash," Calum says trying to calm his very anger friend. Ashton's hand comes up to his mouth whipping the blood and spit from it before turning away from the boy on the ground waking to his and Calum's car.

He gets in the car taking deep breaths in his nose out his mouth calming down. Calum looks over Michael checking his pulse making sure he was still alive. He lets out a deep breath texting Ari that her girlfriend needs to come to get her brother. He slowly walks to the car trying to give Ashton time to calm down.

Ashton turns the radio on taking one last deep breath before Calum gets in. He puts the car in drive pulling straight out of the parking lot of the bar. About ten minutes on the road his phone starts ringing. He picks it up answering it.

"Ashton," Luke voice fills his ear, "Where did you go?"

"Had to take care of some business Luke. Why aren't you still asleep?"

"Got cold without you," the blonde boy says quietly and Ashton could just imagine Luke blushing while he had his covers all around him cuddle close to his pillow.

"I'll be there soon just got to drop Calum off at home," Ashton says turning into the gang driveway.

"What kind of business did you do that need Calum? Did you kill someone," Luke asks anxiously.

"No I didn't kill anyone Luke," Ashton says as Calum gets out of the car shutting the door, "I'm on my way back to you now."

"Okay I'll see you soon," Luke says softly before hanging up. Just a few minutes later Ashton's climbing into Luke's window shutting it behind him.

"I thought you said you didn't kill anyone," Luke says looking Ashton over.

"I didn't kill anyone just got in a little fight," Ashton says shrugging. Luke sits up patting the bed next to him, "Let me look you over"

Ashton sighs sitting down not liking the frown on Luke's pink lips. Luke leans over pressing a kiss to Ashton's lips. But Ashton did like this he liked when Luke's lips whereon his.

"Does your lips feel better now," Luke asks his blue eyes shining from the moonlight. Ashton didn't have the heart to tell Luke that the kiss actual hurt more than help, "Yeah Luke that made them feel so much better."