Chapter 39: Truth About Zac

Zirachs Pov.

"What is wrong with you?"

After a ball of flame hit the wall, adding to the black charcoaled marks Marax appeared just dodging it by an inch.

"Nothing" I grumbled, not even bothering to apologize for almost setting him on fire.

"Obviously" He scoffed, his eyes glanced over at me before taking a seat on the beaten-up couch.

"I'm going to take a wild guess that this has something to do with Athena"

The silence answered his question.

Athena won't speak to me after our argument, accusing me of lying to her. That fucker Nathaniel told her about my family.

He had no right, she didn't need to know that I killed them instead of the original story of me protecting them against my drunken father.

They were shitty parents. I didn't touch my sister though, I spared her. She was taken away when I was arrested, never to be seen again.

"Honestly Zac, she's too good for you" I whipped my head around, glaring his way.

"Oh don't look at me like that, you know it's true. As much as I hate them, doucebag angels, they would be better for her. She's my friend and if I have to fight against the Demons then so be it."

"She loves me though, I'm willing to sacrifice my life to stop her from dying when this god damn battle starts"

Marax stood up and took a few slow steps towards me, his hand ruffling his hair in frustration.

"Do you honestly think she can be happy with you? Once she knows the truth about how sick you were she won't go near you. That's the whole reason why you became a Demon. Satan isn't up to his usual strength yet and won't be for a while so let her just live a normal teenage life till her whole world is ripped apart. Be her guardian Demon but don't be a dick, you need to tell her the truth about killing your parents. She at least deserves that, you practically forced her to chose you and then slept with her. You never gave her the space to see if she actually wanted m... I mean Nathaniel"

Was he just about to say himself? Who cares, I haven't got time for this. I need to see Satan about his little stunt but I also need to speak to Athena soon so I know where we stand.

That's gonna be a fun conversation.

"Earth to Zac" Marax yelled waving his hand in front of my face.

I wrapped my hand around his wrist, shooting him daggers.

"I may be your friend but I won't hesitate to skin you alive. Now leave me the fuck alone I have stuff to do"

A deep chuckle escaped his lips, ripping his hand off me and pushing me back causing me to hit the wall harshly.

"Oh, I can do so much worse friend, just because the girl you love in your own weird way maybe in love with someone else. That does not give you the right to throw tantrums and speak to her like shit. I heard what you said to her, calling her a slut was uncalled for. That girl may die trying to end this war, something that started way before her time. All you can think about is having her to yourself. Athena has friends and a family who would do absolutely anything for her..."

"I would die for her..." I roared.

"No, you fucking wouldn't! I know what you actually want and that isn't her, do you think I'm stupid?" Marax shot a blue fireball at me, exploding against my shoulder.

My body hunched over as the pain radiated through me, blood dripping down onto the floor.

I curled my hand into a fist and hit him with all my strength. His blood splattered all over me. Demons started to gather around the room, chanting for a fight to the death.

Marax flew towards me, both of us hitting the floor with a thud, his fist connecting with my face repeatedly until I managed to lift my legs up and kick him away.

Everyone around us was grinning, excited to see a fight without Satan stepping in. We both stood up, staring at each other. I could feel my blood run down my face.

His eyes were a deep black. I thought he was going to come for me again but he just stood still, his shoulders rising up and down quickly.

Hissing under his breath.

"The only reason you want to take out Satan is that you want to take his place and rule the fucking underworld. So you can destroy everything in your path"

"You want to kill Athena" he bellowed.

Everyone went silent, not a sound was heard. only the deep breaths coming from Marax who was literally letting off steam.

"That's where you are wrong, I don't want her dead. Yes, I did hate her but I have grown to love her. The other reason why I don't want her to kill Satan is that that will mean the end of hell. If I kill him, that means I become the next ruler and destroy Nathanial before he takes her away from me."