Chapter 44: A turn for the worst.

"I am going to kill him," I stood back ready to leave the kitchen before Marax gripped my wrist lightly causing me to stop.

I glared at him, "Let go of me," shaking my arm trying to escape his grasp but failing miserably.

"Look you can't just go marching off to find Zac without a plan, you're literally walking into your own death by doing that and I don't think pretty boy out there won't be too happy about that," He gave me a pointed out.

Blowing a stray piece of hair away from my face I sighed, "Well what do you suggest we do then?"

He smirked.

"I don't like that face."

"What face?"

I pointed, "That face."

"I don't know what you're talking about," He smirked again. Why on earth am I friends with this idiot?

Suddenly the kitchen door opened revealing Shannon who was trying to hold back Lewis. Nathanial's laugh echoed through the house, my heart fluttering at the sound. Must be a good sign seeing as the only people in the room with him are my brothers.

"Sorry to interrupt whatever this is..." She smiled as she tugged on my jacket trying to pull me into the front room with her, "but I may kill your brother if he continues his cheesy flirting."

Nathanial was still stood against the wall, his arm muscles flexing every time he smiled or laughed. Memories of them being wrapped around me flooded through my mind as he kissed me with so much love and lust.

Snap out of it.

Austin was laughing along with him, then I noticed Aiden staring at me with his pizza dangling out of his mouth. His eyes turned into slits before he jumped up off the couch and stormed towards me.

"What the fuck is that?"

Everyone became quiet, looking towards us both, I widened my eyes at his tone.

"What?" I squeaked.

He pinched my neck then crossed his arms towering over me.

"Ouch, what was that form"

"You have a hickey on your neck" Aiden pointed out as he gave Marax a frightening look, I could hear Lewis chuckling to himself. Heat rushed to my cheeks, probably making me look like a tomato.

Marax held his hands up quickly telling Aiden he hasn't been near me in that way, I found it quite funny that he actually looked a bit scared. You'd think him being a demon that he wouldn't care about my brother's threats but I was obviously wrong.

Zoning the little argument out and completely blanking the annoyed looks of my brother I walked over to Nathanial who was smiling away to himself till he saw the worried look on my face.

"What's wrong?"

"It's Arlo, we need to go and find Elijah now."

He nodded and took my hand leading me to the front door. Austin stopped us by placing his hand in front of me.

"We are all going, Nathanial has told me everything, Athena. You are my baby sister and I'm responsible for you. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you."

Sometimes I think he forgets that he may possibly lose me in this battle. I know I die further into the future as Elijah told me but that could easily change. Since my sixteenth birthday, nothing has been normal.

All I want is one day where I can eat all the chocolate I want and have a movie night with my friends. Or kiss Nathanials gorgeous plump lips. Attend school and bicker with Miss Reynolds before she sends me to the headteacher, or eating the most disgusting school dinners I have ever had.