Ch. 19

I'm understandably stupid to say the least, putting it polite.
You see, my nights are not plain to say the least, especially the one last night.
I should have expected something to happen. You know, something to ruin my finally blossoming relationship, it always seems to happen.
I've haven't even gotten over my last romance, and I'm not ready to try to forget this one either.
Of course, I had to tell him. There was no way to get out of the furthering brew of confusion and questioning.
I felt an oncoming shiver as a slight sheen of sweat danced across my forehead.
I looked at him very reluctantly. My look was returned with a desperate plea of understanding.
I inhaled a deep breath and felt my lungs expand with anticipation.
"Percy, are you going to say anything?" He said frustrated, which is completely understandable. An elderly lady came to my house and just got murdered. Gods I really am a idiot.
"I.. I don't know how to explain myself."
I looked over at Nico. His face looked full of guilt.
"Neeks, do you have anywhere to stay?" I said softly.
"Yes. I'm gonna go." His head tilted down at the ground as shuffled out the door, shutting it softly.
Dick and I met eyes slowly. I could see the hurt fire in his eyes, needing to be extinguished.
"I don't know how to put this easily."
"That doesn't matter Perce, I just need to know!"
"Listen! I know! It's just I don't know if I can tell you."
It seemed like our voices collaged and intertwined into a match of screaming and justification, as if the ransom of irritation and knowledge didn't have enough tension.
"You know what! Who cares what the gods think?! If you really want to know, Dick, I'm a half god! Half a human, half a Greek god! Are you happy? You know now!"
He looked utterly dumbfounded at my sudden outburst. As if words couldn't reconcile in his mind to form a thought to speak.
I started for the door and yanked it open forcefully. It cranked and shuttered on it's hinges from the force.
"Text me when you want to talk to me again."
"Percy wait!" He said, but I was already out the door, slamming it behind me.
——————————————————
My biggest secret was out and about, strolling down the road of Dick's mind.
How could I be so careless? So stupid? Having me around is never a good idea for anyone.
I solemnly walked down the broken road.
My mind went back to how his blue eyes looked at me. Confused, as if he regretted asking me.
I regret yelling at him, but the tension was so high, and he was so pressing.
I felt the wind shutter across my cheeks. Odd I thought. I reached my fingers up and wiped them across the wetness that glossed my face. Tears. Why am I crying?
There is no need to cry. I hammered into my mind.
My feet crunched against pains of broke glass. The moon shown through the clouds like how stage light fluttered through the air.
I surprisingly ran into no trouble, which was odd for me. I guess the fates are saving it for later.
I slowly marched myself into the apartment building my closest friend lives in.
The lobby walls looked nice, freshly painted. But it was only a facade, the inner workings of the apartments were as sketchy as a rich person's side job.
The desk associate glanced her cruel and unseeing eyes at me. She sneered in my direction as I made my way to the elevators which housed more things than local dust mites.
I pressed a button to take me to the third floor, and the elevator rang to life with a jeering and jittery sound.
It moved slowly as if it's old joints would crumble at any chance given.
The old doors opened enough to get through before slamming shut with enough force it could probably kill.
I walked down the hall and smelled the moldy carpet that layered on the floor.
How much could a coffee shop paycheck really give you?
I made it to room 304. The door, being one of the cleaner ones, had a cheery whiteboard decorated with flowers and welcoming paradises.
I smiled at them before I threw my hand up and knocked on the white washed door.