Chapter Twelve

"Keep moving forward." -Walt Disney

He lead me back to the meditation room. I could hear the ninja punching the dummies like I saw when I first arrived. Master Wu sat and began pouring tea. He poured the tea into three separate tea cups.

"Please summon Genie," he said calmly, not even looking at me.

I frowned. "Okay." I rubbed the lamp. Genie came out and looked around fearfully.

"Are they still mad at me, Sensei Wu?"

Master Wu looked at Genie and smiled. "You are wonderful," Master Wu said with a chuckle. I saw Genie starting to blush. "It's nice to know the ninja have me in your world."

"What's happening," she asked. "Where am I now?"

"You are in a realm. A safe realm. We've just defeated an evil version of my brother, Garmadon. I'm the master of the ninja, whom you know well. We rebuilt the old monastery and have been living here for quite some time."

"But, where I come from, you're still living in Master Yang's temple. And you're referred to as Sensei instead of Master. Did I screw something up?"

"You didn't screw anything up," Master Wu said.

"So, am I safe here? Will Zoe not be able to get me here? Is she already here!? I should go back into my lamp now...."

"Wait," Master Wu said before Genie has the chance to go into her lamp. "Who is this 'Zoe' you speak of?"

"She was Cole's girlfriend," I explained. "She made Genie go back into the lamp. It was her last wish."

Master Wu frowned and sat forward. "I see. I have read that a djinn can grant three wishes. And as a special wish, if the granger wants to free the djinn, they can use their final wish to free her from the lamp. Is that true?"

Genie nodded. "It's true, but no one has set me free. Not anyone. I don't even know how long I've been in here."

"Yet," I said. "No one has set you free yet."

Master Wu looked at us. "You two are very similar, yet very different. How much do you two know about the beginning of your races?"

"Nothing, really," I said. "I've only ever heard stories about djinns. All I know about telekinetics, is that we came from Ninjago."

Genie frowned, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. "Would it be ok to say that I don't like being called a djinn? A djinn is an evil genie. I'm a good genie, hence my name is Genie. Am I being too confusing? I'm sorry..."

"Genie, you are the least confusing thing in my life, right now," I said truthfully.

"I'm glad. Well, you have rubbed my lamp, so I am gifting you three wishes. But I must advise you to use them wisely, and say them clearly or I may get the wish confused. You cannot wish for love, more wishes or harm to others."

"I advise waiting on the wishing," Wu said.

"Can we use the wishes," Kai asked from the door.

"Yeah, Master, I think we would be very responsible with them," Lloyd added.

I scoffed. "Ten minutes ago, you all wanted to destroy the lamp."

Kai rolled his eyes. "That's in the past. Live in the moment."

I could feel my anger boiling in my chest. The doors pushed closed on their own, without me needing to lift a hand. Master Wu set a hand on my shoulder.

"Thalia, take deep breaths," Master Wu said. "Drink some tea."

I sighed and took a sip of tea.

"You two are very special apart," Wu said. "But you are more special together. Together, you strengthen each other's powers. Many powerful telekinetics once had a djinn, or genies, fighting by their side."