Chapter Twenty Five

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."-Mark Twain

The morning started normally. I could hear the boys training as I opened my eyes. I sat up and saw the lamp wasn't by my bedside, like it was last night. I started to panic as I tore my room apart, looking for Genie's lamp. I didn't know if she was captured, or okay! I dashed to the courtyard to see Lloyd and Nya training.

"Oh! Good morning, Thalia," Nya said.

"Have you two seen Genie's lamp? Or any of the boys for that matter?"

"They're playing the new video game console. I think Jay or Cole have your lamp," Lloyd replied.

I was incredibly annoyed. I could feel my blood boiling. They took Genie without my permission! Without even a note! They have no right to do that! I stormed to the game room and saw Jay, Kai and Genie playing video games, while Zane watched from the sidelines. Zane was sitting on the couch, while the others were sitting close to the television.

"Good morning, Thalia," Zane said. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did, until I woke up! You took my lamp again!"

"I'm sorry, Thalia," Genie said as she paused the game. "I asked Kai to let me into the game room. I wanted to learn how to play."

"She's getting the hang of it, even if she's just destroying tree stumps," Jay said.

"Hey, every little act is beneficial," Kai said.

Genie smiled, obviously very proud of herself. "Did you hear that, Thalia? I'm beneficial!"

I sighed and sat next to Genie. I put my arm around her. "Just, leave a note next time," I said with a sigh.

Genie saluted and I got up. I sat next to Zane and laid my head on his shoulder when the others weren't looking.

"Hey, Jay," Genie said as she turned to him. "Have you seen Cole? I wanted to talk to him."

"He's still asleep," Zane replied. "I checked on him at nine, and he was still asleep."

"You mean he missed his alarm again," Kai asked with a smirk and a small laugh. "Master Wu and Lloyd aren't gonna like that."

"You're telling me," a voice yawned. I stopped leaning on Zane, and turned to see Cole at the door, still in his lounge pants and muscle shirt. "Sorry I'm late. I couldn't sleep at all last night."

"Were you up all night snacking," Kai asked.

He seemed too tired to give snark back. "No, I just couldn't fall asleep. I don't know, I just had a lot on my mind."

Genie snapped her fingers. "That's right! You wanted to talk more! I'm sorry, I forgot."

I looked at Genie. "Do you have a secret life when I'm asleep?"

My best friend looked at me with wide eyes. "Of course not! Nothing unusual! I swear it's nothing!"

"You know," Jay said. "You should never swear. It's a sign of weak verbal skills."

We all looked at Jay. He looked at us and shrugged. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Genie.

"So, what did you and Cole want to talk about," I asked.

"It's nothing. I wanted to talk to Genie about what we talked about last night. You know, the whole 'all of us get three wishes' thing."

I nodded. "Oh."

"What was it," Genie asked. "I'm sure I can answer your question."

Cole looked like he just got caught doing something. His face was slowly growing red. He began stammering. "It's nothing! Don't worry about it. Hey, why don't we go get breakfast," he said.