Chapter Twenty Six

"You know your're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."-Dr Seuss

"What the heck was that for," Lloyd yelled at me.

My heart was racing. Nya helped Lloyd up, while Kai and Jay made sure that Lloyd was out of my range.

"A house divided against himself isn't healthy," Master Wu said. "And it seems that is your next lesson."

"But, Master, aren't you going to reprimand her for hitting me?!"

Master Wu looked at Lloyd. "A leader should be strong and kind. You have become strong, but you need to learn to be a little more kind. Think before you speak. It might help unify your team."

Zane walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders. He guided me out of the room, while Lloyd yelled from the kitchen.

"That wasn't a smart decision," he said.

Before I could say anything, I heard Genie outside. I rushed to the porch and saw her curled in Cole's arms, bawling her eyes out. I ducked under Zane's arms and ran over to Genie. I could feel how sad she was. It felt like a blow to the heart.

"It's ok," he said trying to comfort her. "This will get better."

"No it won't," she exclaimed. "He hates me, like everyone else does!"

"I don't hate you," I said as I hugged her. "Kai and Jay don't hate you. If they did, then they wouldn't have taught you to play that video game."

"It seems like everyone does! It all started with me and my stupid wishes. I shouldn't have been released."

Without saying another word, she retreated back into her lamp. I grabbed the lamp and started to rub it, trying to get her to come out, but she wouldn't come out. I sighed in frustration. I felt tears building behind my eyes. Rage boiled in my chest. No one should ever make Genie feel worthless and horrible like this!

"I'm going to kill him," Cole mumbled.

I could almost see smoke coming out from his nose like a bull. He wasn't happy. Before I could say anything, Zane led me away from everything.

"We all need to calm down," Zane said. "Let's stay in your room until everything becomes normal again."

"That's the thing you're most worried about?"

"Thalia," Zane said softly. "You're so worked up, you need time to compose yourself, or you might end up destroying something with your powers."

I groaned and tried to get past Zane. He gently guided me down the hallway. I punched his chest and tried shoving past. Pain shot up my arm. I bit my lip to avoid yelping and crying.

"Do you feel better," Zane said as he raised an eyebrow.

"No," I muttered.

Zane sighed and pushed me into the indoor training room. He took Genie's lamp and placed it by the door. "Take your frustration out here. Not on your team mates." He leaned against the closed door and I glared at him.

"Lloyd isn't my team mate!"

Zane looked like he was thinking about something. His features became a little colder. He seemed to abandon his first thought and took a deep breath. "Once your anger has left you, you'll see differently."

I glared at him. "I see you punishing me, for doing something everyone wanted to do."

He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. "This isn't a punishment, think of this as your next training exercise."