Fire

Dust

The Dining room's design was Perfect. all of those weeks hard work had finally paid off. all tables had white silk tablecloth. we managed the tables so that Alpha families to sit at their own table and there was a stable for Betas to sit with each other. the wooden floor was spotless and shined like a mirror. transparent Christmas hollies covered the walls and finally at the end of the room, the Christmas tree. we spent a full day decorating it with red and golden shiny decorations and lighted candles and then wrapped Jingle lights around it.

I looked around as everyone got in their seats. families sat together and Betas moved on to their table as soon as the Alpha families settled. I checked out the Beta table across the room. only 7 Betas were sitting. there were Harry and Joseph from New York, Holly from Georgia, Valorie from Seattle, Frost from Northern Canada, Alice from Maryland and Garrett from British Columbia. I knew them all since I was a child. I wished I could go and sit with them with Robin but my place was with the Alpha family.

And then there was our table. there was Alpha Henry with Alex and Elsa, and Alpha Liam and his family were sitting with us as guests of honor. I took a deep breath and approached. Alex and Elsa were sitting next to each other. Alpha Henry was sitting down next to Elsa and Alpha Liam was sitting on his right. next to him on his right was his wife and the young man. there were only two empty seats. at least the employees did their job well with Robin's place.

-"Something wrong?" Robin asked, looking at me.

-"No No let's go." I said and I walked towards the table again with Robin. I was starting to to get anxious. Robin's identity could be exposed any second sitting at that table and she didn't even know it. at this point I wasn't even thinking what was gonna happen if she found out what I am, I just didn't want her to die tonight.

-"Ah, Dust here you are!" Alpha Henry said, sitting down. "who's this young lady?" he asked.

-"I'm Robin Burke. nice to meet you sir." she said smiling. funny it was the first time I ever heard her last name.

-"Nice to meet you too. Burke...I don't seem to recall that name." he said.

-"Well yes sir, ...she was never with us before. it's the first year we have the pleasure of having her here."

-"Oh well, we hope to see more of you in the future years Miss Burke. please sit down." he said smiling.

She sat down next to the young man who I thought was Alpha Liam's son and I sat next to her on her right so I was between her and Alex.

-"Does your Beta always sits with you at the table Henry?" Alpha Liam asked. Robin looked at me curiously.

-"Yes he does. he's not just my Beta, He's my son." Alpha Liam smirked as if he had found some dirt on him.

-"Son? he doesn't seem to be younger than your children."

-"What do you mean?"

-"Oh I just assumed you remarried to a Beta woman after your wife died."

-"No I did not..."

-"Oh you dirty wolf, I didn't know you were into this stuff but that's fine. although I excepted if you have an affair, it would at least be with a girl of your own rank." he said smirking. not only me, but Alpha Henry seemed to be reaching his temper.

-"I did not have an affair if you must know-"

-"I was adopted." I said, cutting Alpha off. he turned his gaze on me and I felt like he stared at my streak of white hair for a second.