The Beast

Robin

-"What do you think Cat?" I said while looking at the mirror and the dress I was wearing. she replied with nothing but a mew. "yeah too classy..."

I took it off and looked through my closet. after a couple of minutes of searching I finally decided on black pants, a white blouse and a grey sweater over. I smiled at myself at the mirror. "now that's better. not too formal, not too random!"

I stroked Cat's head before heading downstairs to my living room. to kill the time I decided to finally finish decorating my Christmas tree which I've been procrastinating it for a while. I picked up a decoration from the box and hung it on one of the tree branches. I did this for a short while before my doorbell rang and I went to open it. I opened the door and put on my black heels, waiting for Dust to show up.

He came up the stairs a few seconds later and smiled at me. he was wearing a suit that was obviously tailor made with a white shirt and no tie with a coat and his green scarf around his neck.

-"Hey." he said.

-"Hey!" I replied.

-"Ready to go?"

-"Yeah just let me grab my stuff..." I said while putting on my coat and grabbing my scarf and purse. "let's go."

I walked out and closed and locked the door. we walked downstairs and into the snow covered street and I felt a cold breeze.

-"So... anywhere special you like to go?" I asked.

-"Actually, I did have a plan. it's just that... I don't have a car so we should walk." he smiled.

-"I don't mind. I'm Canadian. cold is in my blood! Well then lead the way!" I said as he chuckled and we both started walking. not many people were walking in the freezing air. the sky was cloudy and ready to snow and houses on both sides of the street had their Christmas lights on.

-"Gosh I can't believe its December 19th. it's basically Christmas." I said.

-"How come?" he asked.

-"Well for one thing I still haven't decorated my tree and haven't got any presents. if my mother was here she would have called me insane and would drag me into town to get everything set and done in a day!" we both chuckled at this. "I suppose everything is set up in the mansion."

-"Yeah the tree is decorated and fires are made and turkeys are bought. everything's prepared for the Christmas dinner."

-"And presents?" I asked.

-"We don't really give that much of presents. just small stuff like cash or something that we request. Elsa usually gets jewelry, Alex asks for different stuff and I settle for cash."

-"So none of you surprise each other with gifts?"

-"Not really. it's been like this since we were kids and ever since we wanted something, Henry would get it and give it to us."

-"That's one way I guess, my family always surprised each other with gifts. usually me and my siblings woke up at 6 in the morning to find a pile of gifts under the Christmas tree."

-"That's nice. we weren't always like this either. before mom passed away we had this stuff too. gifts under Christmas tree, egg hunt on easter Sunday and... but after she died we just sort of gave everything up."

-"Aw I'm sorry!" I said and held his arms. he smiled a bit.

-"Anyways, here we are." he pointed at the park. I looked up to see the restaurant on the edge of the park.