When It's all Set And Done

Dust

I woke up with a knock on my door.

I opened my eyes and looked around a bit. it took me a second to remember last night and then the memories came flooding back. the second date, Alice and Frost, Vertigo, Elsa's look and Robin.

The next knock made me get up and realize I was only wearing my jeans. I walked towards the door and opened it to find Elsa standing there.

-"Sorry, did I wake you up?" she asked even though she didn't seem that sorry.

-"Uh kinda...what's up?" I said rubbing my eyes.

-"Well my dad wants to see you right now... unless you're not alone in that room and need some time..." she said, looking at me funny.

-"If I got what you mean and I know I do, Robin went home last night. I'm alone."

-"Good then. put on a shirt and get downstairs." she said and walked away. I rolled my eyes and closed the door. I took a look outside to see it was still snowing. I headed to the bathroom and washed my face to wake up and put on the first black t shirt I found and walked out.

I got downstairs and straight into Alpha's room. he was standing in front of the window and looking out at the snow with his back to me.

-"You wanted to see me sir?" I said and he turned around.

-"oh Dust. sorry to wake you up but it was urgent." he said, turning around.

-"Its ok I was up anyway... what's urgent?"

-"I've been thinking about the party and...there's something bothering me. something's wrong."

-"What is it? is it about the Elsa getting married? have you decided on that?"

-"Not that. something else. something about you."

-"Me...?" my heart started beating fast and thought he had figured out about Robin.

-"How did he know you were my Beta?" he asked.

-"Huh?" I asked surprised.

-"How did Liam know? he never saw you before. the last time I saw him was for Alex and Elsa's christening and you still hadn't come to us back then and he never met you. yet when you sat at the table he asked if I always shared a table with my Beta."

-"He could have guessed...."

-"Impossible. before you, Franklin was my Beta. he knew that and as far as I know he has no idea Franklin has died. besides, you know Betas don't sit with Alphas unless they're asked to and couldn't have guessed you were a Beta unless he knew."

-"...He talked to me when he came in. he knew I was the Beta the moment he came in. I greeted him and he said I was the Beta and turned to Alex! he knew it!"

-"But how?"

-"..." I stayed silent, not having an answer.

-"You do know what this means right?" he asked.

-"You mean... there could be a spy here?" I asked. he sighed.

-"I didn't want to come to this conclusion... but yes. I think someone's spying on us."

-"What are we gonna do?"

-"There's nothing we can do but to look for them. in the meantime we have to be very very careful with what we say. if there is a spy, we're at a greater danger than we thought."