The Truth

Dust

We drove through the town of Belmont. it was like any other town in Maine in Christmas. small, not crowded, decorated and rather friendly. I looked at the streets as Ignis drove by. the signs that showed this town was a coast town started revealing themselves as we got deeper in town and closer to the beach. there were some surf and bait shops, swimsuit shop and even a boat shop among the rest of the normal stores you find in a town. the beach was closed for the winter and the water looked black and icy at midnight.

Ignis took a rout close to the beach and drove to the suburbs of town. I could see the light of a mansion ahead of us, close to the forest. this was not a mansion like a hilltop. this one was more new and modern white walls and a dark roof. it contained three floors and seemed very big. most of the walls were covered in full length glasses to give a view of the town and ocean. Ignis slowly pulled over before getting too close to the gate.

-"Ok..." he said. "are you ready?"

-"Yeah. yeah, I am." I said.

-"Ok then get in the trunk and try not to move so much." he said. I nodded and got out and headed to the back of the car. Ignis got out and opened the trunk for me to get in. I got in and tried to lie down as comfortable as possible but it wasn't really an easy task in the trunk of a car and I was fairly uncomfortable.

-"You ok there?" he asked.

-"Do you even need to ask?"

-"Yeah I thought so." he said and closed the trunk. the only remaining source of light was the back window. I heard the door shut and then I felt the car moving. after what I felt was couple of minutes the car stopped.

-"Hey Ralph, how are you doing?" I heard Ignis say.

-"Mr. Thornwall, welcome back sir. did you have a nice time?" someone, who I thought was the guard said.

-"Yeah, thanks. is my uncle home?"

-"No sir. you know he's in Paris."

-"Right right, I forgot." he chuckled. "anyone else came to visit?"

-"No sir. the mansions has been empty except for the staff and Mr. Parlor."

-"Ok, thank you Ralph." Ignis said and I felt the car moving again. but then again it stopped after a minute. I heard the door being opened and then the trunk's door opened. I got out and stretched. it was dark and besides the lights of the car, the only source of light was the mansion.

-"Easy now!" he said. "just because you're in doesn't mean you can't be captured." he pointed at a black door. "here. go on in. that's the door to the kitchen. remember when you get to the hallway go left, again left and then right and go in laundry room. Wait for me there! got it?"

I nodded and walked in and closed the door behind me heard the car driving away. I looked around in the dark and even with the small light that was coming from outside I could see it was a big kitchen. I didn't dare to turn the lights on instead I just looked for the door and soon found it. I opened it and peeked out into the quiet hallway. no one was around so I walked in.

I turned left and walked slowly. I was prepared to shift into my wolf with the slightest movement. I made it down the hall and turned left. I was walking when I suddenly heard a door opening. so without any thinking I jumped into the closest room and closed the door. I panted out of fear and laid against the door. I heard two women talking and passed by. I sighed out of relief and took a look into the room for the first time.