Scars

Dust

-"How could this have happened?"

-"Who did this?!"

-"Is he alright?"

-"Alex call Doctor Stinson! Now!"

-"Who could have done this?!"

-"Give the guy some space! he's bleeding to death!"

I heard all this but I couldn't see anything. the voices were different and I couldn't recognize them. I tried opening my eyes but I only saw blurry figures in a blurry background and before I could say anything, I passed out again and the voices stopped.

Next time I opened my eyes, everything was quiet. everything was blurry and it took my eyes a couple of seconds to adjust and I saw my Casablanca poster. I groaned a bit and slightly rolled over which made me yelp.

-"Hey hey hey easy no! you're awake!" I looked up to see Alex sitting by my bed.

-"W-wha..." I said and he got up, opening the door.

-"Dad! Doctor! Elsa! he's awake!" Alex yelled and not a minute later, Alpha, Elsa, Doctor and even Ignis ran in.

-"W-what's going on here?" I asked and moved a bit but regretted it immediately and held my shoulder.

-"You shouldn't move so much tonight. it's not good for your scar." Doctor said. Doctor Stinson was in our pack and family doctor ever since I could remember. he was mostly bald but the hair on the sides of his head were silver and cut short and he wore a glasses. he was wearing a light grey suit and white shirt with a light blue tie even though it was very late at night.

-"You have scars and bruises and bite marks almost everywhere. but they're not too serious and are expected to heal within a few days. but that on your shoulder, that's a big deal." he said.

I looked at my shoulder and just realized that I was only wearing a shorts. someone must have changed my clothes. I looked at my shoulder and even through bandages, I could see three big, long and deep scratches running from my left shoulder to my chest. it was still red and burned when I moved it.

-"It's a very deep scar. it's probably caused by very sharp fangs-"

-"Claws." I said, cutting him off.

-"It doesn't matter. I disinfected and cleaned and it should be fine but those marks are too deep to heal. I'm afraid you just have to get used to them cause their marks are gonna stay."

-"That's the least of my worries now..." I said and rested my head. "how did you find me?"

-"We heard your howl. it was really loud." Alex said. "Ignis and I went after you and found in the middle of the street. the people probably thought it was some dog fight so none bothered to come and check. we got you and brought you home and called Doctor."

-"You and... Ignis?" I looked at him then at Ignis and he nodded.

-"Dust, what happened?" Alpha asked and sat on the bed. "who attacked you?"

-"I don't know... I was walking home and I saw these wolves. they shifted into human when they saw me like they were giving me a sign. there was one with leather jacket, one with long hair and another one with ginger hair and a scar on his face. they attacked me in their wolf form. I tried to fight them back but they were trained and I couldn't take them alone."