𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Back at the cabin, Sebastian sat still while Chris attended to his wounds, wiping away the dried blood and putting on some ointment to his cut lip.

"Thank you." Sebastian whispers when he's finished, casting his eyes at the ground.

Chris shakes his head. "Don't worry about it."

"Are Elizabeth and Tessa alright?"

"Yeah, they're fine. Barely got bruised at all."

Sebastian breathes a sigh of relief, staring down at his entangled hands. "Th-thats good.." Sebastian's leg begins to bounce up and down anxiously, the attack replaying in his mind.

It could have been worse. Joel could have punched him, or worse, punched Chris. God, he's gotten Chris into his stupid fucked up life. Chris didn't deserve this.

Sebastian flinches at one of Chris's hands overlapping his own, calming it's shaking. "Seb, there's no need to worry." Chris says, taking a seat beside him. "The girls are okay. Joel won't be messing with you anymore."

"I'm just so sorry." Sebastian's voice cracks, another lot of tears brimming. "I- I should have watched where I was going.. I.. I- if I did, you wouldn't be involved."

"Sebastian." Chris's voice is stern. "Stop that. I don't care that I'm involved, I want to be. I care about your safety."

Sebastian nods slowly. "O-okay.. I.. I'm gonna go to the bathroom."

Sebastian pulls his hands away from Chris and gets up from the bed, disappearing into the bathroom. Chris sighs, removing himself from Sebastian's bed and taking a seat at his own, running a hand down his face.

He couldn't help but think back to when Emily had told him about Sebastian's bleeding nose, how when Chris asked the other about it, Sebastian became defensive and almost scared. Like he feared Chris would tell someone.

That means.

Chris groans. Joel attacked him. How could chris be so stupid as to leave Sebastian, shaking in his seat, scared out of his mind. Leave him with his thoughts that were most likely telling him he deserved the treatment.

Sebastian returns to the bedroom just then, taking his seat once more on his bed, fiddling with the bracelets on his wrist.

"That day we found out about the trip." Chris says suddenly, causing Sebastian to lift his head. "And Emily told me about your bleeding nose. It was them, wasn't it?"

Sebastian nods silently, dropping his gaze back down to the floor.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Sebastian shrugs. "Like I said before, we weren't friends. It didn't seem important. I was used to it."

Chris bows his head. "I'm so sorry."

"What for?"

"Not noticing it. I should've been able to.. I.. I could've done something.. I..

"Chris." Sebastian says, almost as if he didn't like the taste the name left in his mouth. "You didn't even notice me. How were you supposed to notice what they were doing?"