𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Emptiness.

Fear.

Guilt.

All of which Sebastian could see in his own dull grey eyes as he stood before the broken bathroom mirror the next morning, having not uttered a single word. Splotchy purple and yellow welts covered Sebastian's mostly naked body, along with cuts from the belt on his back and his thighs were covered in dry, crusted, blood. His nose was bruising from the start of his eyebrows, across his cheeks and to the very tip, stomach covered in one large welt that would be impossible to hide.

His movements had only been small and weak since waking up, skin pale, sickly. The fear in his eyes was prominent, easy to see. The thick blanket covering up to his waist did nothing to ease his almost violent shaking. The blank stare that Sebastian had on the mirror made it seem as though he was lost. Lost in a trance. His behaviour was similar to a zombie, and it was the scariest thing he had ever seen.

Sebastian couldn't understand as to why this had happened. Couldn't understand as to why his father had to.. had to.. do what he did to him and not do the usual. God, Sebastian couldn't even say the word.

Sebastian as almost in tears once more. Eyes red and threatening. The moment he had made it through the bathroom door, he threw up all over the floor and weeped for over an hour. But he still wouldn't utter a single word.

At hearing the door slam shut, Sebastian knows for a fact that he is going to be home alone until late in the night. With that thought in mind, he pushes himself off of the sink, falling into the wall almost instantly, sparks of pain shocking down his legs and up his spine. His gut screamed in pain, allowing him the reality that his father had done some things after he passed out. If he could even call him that.

The boy takes in a deep breath and manages to turn on the shower without stumbling over again. He turns on the water and gets inside, pulling the curtain behind him. Washing himself free of the blood was painful, but tolerable. He kept absentmindedly brushing over the bruises, creating small winces and whimpers in the back of his throat. It was so painful. So disgusting to think about.

He did nothing. Did nothing to stop it from happening, did nothing to fight him off. Sebastian just let it happen.

And now, he was left to fear it happening again and again and again. The scene replaying in his mind. How his father dragged it out, knowing full well what he was going to do.

Sebastian dropped to his knees, unable to breathe, vomit covering the shower floor. Tears ran down his cheeks, face still a ghostly white, chest tight, sobs slipping from his lips.

****

Chris looks down at his phone for what seemed to be the hundredth time that morning. Worry was clear in his gaze, stomach churning painfully. He couldn't help but think of all the terrible things that could've happened to Sebastian.

Scott comes up behind him, ready to grab his shoulders and scare him senseless, but stops himself at seeing the way he was fidgeting. Scott sighs and takes a seat across from his brother. "You okay?" He asks, knocking Chris from his trance.

Chris jumps slightly and sighs. He lifts his head and shakes it, biting at his lower lip. "No." He whispers in response. "I just— I'm worried about a new friend of mine."