𝐅𝗼𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲

When Letitia went home an hour or two later, Sebastian heads back into the kitchen to talk to Chris's mother. After everything she's done for him, the least he could do was thank her.

"Oh, Sebastian." She says, surprised. "Hi love. How are you feeling?"

Sebastian gives her a small smile and takes a seat at the bench, wincing. "As good as I can be." He says truthfully. "The sleep and seeing Letitia helped."

Chris's mother smiles. "I'm glad." She responds, turning back to the stove where she was cooking what looked to be a stir-fry. "Chris said that inviting her over might help you feel a bit better."

Sebastian nods. "Yeah.. she's been there for me for a lot of things."

"Chris explained to me what Emily did." She continues. "How he was horrible to you. The whole group was."

Sebastian shrugs and bows his head. "Yeah.." he whispers.

"I'm sorry for everything that may have happened to you. I know that sorry does not help very much, but I'm sorry for they way they all treated you. You didn't deserve that."

Sebastian opens his mouth to respond, to thank her, to explain what had happened, only to be cut off. "You don't have to tell me anything, Seb." Chris's mother says. "Not unless you're ready. I don't want you to force yourself... because.. your staying with us no matter what."

Sebastian digs his teeth into his lower lip. He hunches over, silent tears falling down his cheeks until gut-wrenching sobs tore through his heaving chest, shaking his limbs. "Thank you.." he whimpers, sniffling. "Thank you for caring about me."

Chris's mother smiles softly and gathers Sebastian into her arms, giving him the motherly embrace he's been secluded from for so long. "Of course, honey." She whispers, combing her fingers through his hair. "You're like a son to me. I love you so much."

Sebastian lets out a small wail, howling and tears falling at a fast pace. It was the ugly kind of crying that Sebastian tried to keep to himself, but being in Chris's mothers arms, safe, heart swarming with love, Sebastian can't help but let go.

They stay like that until Sebastian has calmed down enough to pull away, allowing her to wipe away his tears. "I wanna.. I wanna tell you.. what.. what happened.." Sebastian stammers, sniffling, the opening of the front door going unheard.

Chris's mother nods. "Okay." She says, caressing his cheek gently. "Take your time, love."

Sebastian sucks in a deep breath. "I.. I lied.."

"Lied about what?" Lisa asks, confused, looking up from Sebastian to find her sons staring at them. She shakes her head, but Chris doesn't falter, neither does Scott. They stay, standing in the doorway, concerned.

"I lied." Sebastian repeats. "About everything."

Lisa gives a look filled with confusion. "What do you mean?"

"My parents aren't divorced. My dad threw my mum out of the house after I came out because she accepted me." Sebastian explains, fiddling with his fingers. "He was always a heavy drinker... then he got aggressive.. would hurt us both.."

"Then, after some time, he stopped. I ruined that. As soon as mum was gone.. he... he started drinking again.. being physical.. it was scary because I thought that one of these days," Sebastian pauses, gulping down the lump in his throat. "I wasn't going to wake up.. that I was gonna die.. I was so scared."