𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Letitia was silent. She could see the emptiness, the fear, the guilt in Sebastian's dull grey eyes as he sat next to her on her bed, never uttering a word. His movements were small and weak, skin pale, sickly. The fear in his eyes was prominent, easy to see. He was staring blankly at the wall, tears pooling down his cheeks. Letitia was frightened.

"Sebastian?" Letitia whispers, interlocking their fingers.

Sebastian says nothing once more and only blinked. He didn't even turn his head to face her. "I— I have no idea what's happened to you... but I swear I won't pressure you into talking about it.. but... please say something.. anything... your.. your scaring me.."

Letitia was almost in tears at the others behaviour. Eyes red and threatening. She wasn't lying. She was fucking terrified. The moment they had stepped foot in Letitia's room, he threw up all over the floor and weeped for over an hour. But he still wouldn't utter a single word. Not even just a small, Letitia or hold me.

He was mute.

Letitia squeezes his hand gently, pressing a kiss to his knuckles, and Sebastian finally, finally, looks over at her. "Do you need anything?" Letitia asks. "Water? Some food? Another blanket? Panadol? Just.. whatever.. I'll get it for you." She wanted Sebastian to be comfortable around her, to know that he could trust her. To speak to her, God she just wanted to hear Sebastian's voice.

Sebastian barely shook his head.

Letitia felt her heart drop into the pit of her stomach. All she wanted was for Sebastian to speak to her. "Do you want—... do you want to ..um.. talk about what happened?"

Sebastian shakes his head.

"Do you want to talk at.. at all?"

Another shake.

Letitia sighs. She's given up. If Sebastian doesn't want to talk, she can't force him to talk. She lets go of the boys hand, covering her eyes with her hands as she starts to cry. God. Why.. why did she feel so fucking useless?

Sebastian's eyes widened at the soft sounds of sniffles and choked sobs, gazing over at Letitia who's body was shaking at the impact. Worried, Sebastian removes himself from the girls bed and wobbles over to Letitia's side. Letitia raises her head at the feeling of a shaking hand touching her shoulder and gulps down a sob at seeing Sebastian by her side.

Sebastian places himself on Letitia's lap, as he normally does when they are together, cupping her cheek and wiping tears away with gentle shaking thumbs. Letitia instantly wraps her arms around Sebastian's tiny waist, sobbing into his chest. She was relentless, shaking almost as intensely as Sebastian. "I— I just want to... to hear your... your voice.." Letitia whimpers, "to—to know h-how your f-feel—feeling.."

You don't want to know how I'm feeling. Sebastian thinks, holding on tightly to his sobbing friend.

Sebastian didn't want to say a word, fearing the utter worst. He was scared, terrified. He didn't want anyone to know what had happened, what his father had done to him. He didn't want any of it. He was so fucking scared.

"I— I can't.." he whispers, tears once again spilling down his cheeks. Letitia looks up at him, and how Sebastian wished she hadn't. Pain glistened in her tearful and red eyes. Sebastian's heart dropped.