𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝗼𝐧𝐞

"Gross Faggots." Joel growls with so much venom Sebastian was surprised nobody had dropped dead. He slams his fist into some lockers, indenting them and causing Sebastian to jump from his safety of the corner. "They should be killed."

Sebastian knew who Joel was talking about. He had seen him and Chris kiss yesterday morning in the hallway, glaring daggers at them that Sebastian caught from the corner of his eye.

At this, one of Joel's friends laugh. "Yeah, they should." He agrees, nodding his head.

Sebastian bows his head and stuffs his shaking hands inside of Chris's hoodies pocket, trying to become as invisible as possible as he shuffles past them. It doesn't work, and Sebastian is caught by the arm, Joel twisting it behind his back and forcing his chest into some lockers.

Sebastian cries out and Joel laughs. "Well, would you look at this." He hisses, tightening his grip on Sebastian's boney wrist so that it was practically crushing it.

Sebastian whimpers and wills himself not to cry. Come on, you've had worse. Stop it.

The others scoff. "Speak of the fucking devil, hows your boyfriend, faggot?"

"L-let me go," Sebastian stutters in response, feeling as though his wrist was about to snap. Knowing Joel and Sebastian's underweight figure, it just might with enough force.

Joel only laughs. "I don't think so." He snarls, pulling Sebastian backwards and spinning him around, crashing his back into the lockers.

Sebastian winces, the fresh burn marks and bruises aching and stinging, almost as though they were bleeding, and Sebastian allows his tears to fall. It was too much.

"Pl-please." He begs. "Let me go!"

Joel opens his mouth to respond, hand latching around Sebastian's throat, when he is cut off by a familiar, confident voice, the crowd of students falling silent.

"Joel."

Sebastian's tears blurred his vision and his ears were ringing, still trapped in Joel's grip, leaving him unable to see who had spoken. Joel glares at the figure as he turns around, rolling his eyes and still squeezing Sebastian's throat.

"Let him go." Chris orders, taking a step forward and preparing himself to throw the first punch, Anthony by his side. Anything to save Sebastian.

Joel scoffs and releases Sebastian, who looses his footing and falls to the floor. He wipes his tears away with shaking hands and looks over at Chris, fear rippling through his veins at the clenched fists by Chris's side. If it weren't for the bell ringing, signalling for first period, Sebastian may have had a panic attack.

Joel rolls his eyes before walking off, Anthony making sure to bump shoulders with the other to wind him up. Chris's face softens as he quickly walks over to Sebastian, lending out his hand. "Are you okay?" He asks, helping his boyfriend to his feet.

"Yeah, M'fine." Sebastian mumbles, grabbing his bag from off the floor, ignoring the pain flowing through his veins. "You didn't have to do that, I was handling it."

Chris sighs. "I know." He whispers, nodding for Anthony to leave. "I just thought I should step in. I didn't want you getting hurt."