Chapter 2

I was dancing and singing when Hannah comes up to me and says "you know there are about seven guys over there staring at you. Right?" 

"Yeah, I know." I say as I still keep dancing and singing. I wanted to be happy. Not the scared little girl afraid of whatever comes her way. I keep dancing as I check my oil in my car. I notice that my car needs an oil change. The DX workers can work on your car but I like to do so Thant I know I did and did it right. My dad taught me how to work on a car. Meanwhile I asked Hannah if she needed an oil change. She said yes. "Okay I will be right back. I gonna go get some oil."

 "Okay" she said looking into the hood of her car. I walk through the door and the bell rings. I walk up to the counter and their comes comes a handsome man that comes out of the back room. "Can I help you?" He asks. "Umm yeah. Can I get the car oil?"

 "Of course." He says as he ring me up. "Do you want help with that?" 

"Sure why not." I say. When we walk out I find Hannah flirting with a guy in a leather jacket and a Mickey Mouse shirt. "You dig okay baby." He says and Hannah giggles. "I'm Two-Bit." The boy says. "I'm Hannah." She says. Me and the boy at the counter were walking to my car. He insisted on having him change the oil, so I let him. Hannah was working on her car while Two-bit was leaning against her car flirting with her. Occasionally I would hear her giggle. It made me so happy to hear her giggle. I was leaning against my car talking with the boy changing my oil.

 "I'm Rachel." I say. "I'm Sodapop." He says cheerfully. "I like that name."

 "Thanks!" The. The rest of the boys he was hanging out with came over. "This is Steve, Darry, Ponyboy, Two-bit, Johnny, And Dally." He says pointing to each and every one of them. Steve was examining my car. Dally was loathing a cigarette. Ponyboy was introducing himself to me. Darry does the same soon after. They are Sodapop's brothers. Johnny was stuffing his fists in his jean jacket pockets, and Two-bit was flirting with Hannah. 

"Why are your tires wider in the back and not in the front?" Steve had asked me. "Because this is a racing car. Hence the racing stripes but those are more for kicks." I had told him. "Do you race?" Ponyboy asked me. "I do." I said proud with a big smile. " that's awesome!" Soda said. Hannah hears our conversation but before she can say anything I introduce her. 

"Guys this is Hannah my best friend. She is also a racer." "How old are you!" Two-bit asks. "Eighteen." She said. "So am I." Two-bit says. They keep talking and flirting. Me, Soda, and the gang talk, while Soda works on my car. " do you want a Pepsi? I'll buy." Soda says cheerfully. "Sure. Thanks!" "No problem." He says as he turns around to get the Pepsi. "How long have you lived here Rachel?" Ponyboy asks. "I have lived her my whole life. I used to live in the other side of town and I felt like a soc. I hate the socs! So I moved here. I moved in with Hannah."

 "Oh cool." Soda had heard the last part of our conversation. "Where is your family? How come you don't live with them?" He asked. "Well" I said trying not to cry. "They died in an auto wreck six months ago."

 "Oh I am so sorry!" Soda said while giving me a hug. Man, his hugs were amazing! They made me feel warm and protected. "My parents died in an auto wreck too."

 "I'm sorry." I said as we were still hugging. And then started talking again. "What happened to your lip and cheek?" He asked pointing to his lip and cheek as if they were mine. "Oh it's nothing." I said as I rub my cheek and cover my lip. "Doesn't look like nothing." Dally said lighting another cigarette. 

Then all of the sudden a red firebird pulls up. I look away and try to his. But it doesn't work. They stop and get out. They were socs. There were five of them. There were five because it was Marcos crew. They were drunk like always. "Rachel!"