Chapter 6

When my family was still alive we would play football. We would also watch it. I was know as the football/car nut. Our favorite team was the Denver Broncos. My mom was a really big football fan. Seriously, ask her any question about football and she will answer it. She knew more than my dad.

I knew a lot because I grew up loving football, and watching it every Sunday. I loved football because I watched it all the time and it is just a cool sport. I knew how to play too.

I was really good. The whole gang was surprised by how good I was.

"I wouldn't think you would be this good." Soda said surprised. "So are you saying I can't play football?" I asked Soda. "No, it's just that your really good." Soda said back. "Oh, thanks! I love football!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I grew up watching it."

"Cool!"

"Let's get this show on the road." I said.

Unfortunately me and Soda got split up. The team captains were Darry and Two-bit.

I mouthed the word to Soda "your going down." He mouthed back "no I'm not you are."

It was four on five. My team was four because we had all the good players apparently. We had Darry, me, Ponyboy, and Dally. We were all good. It was a friendly competition.

They suggested playing 2 hand touch but I could take a hit so I told them we were playing tackle. I was really fast surprisingly. "Set hike!" Darry yells as the ball gets hiked to him. "Go long Y/N!" He yells as he weaves in and out of people so they can't tackle him. He was really good.

I was standing int he end zone and I turned to look at him. He long bombs it to me and I catch it. "Touchdown!" I yell as I do a little touchdown dance.

I smile real big and look at Soda. He thought my smile was cute so he couldn't help but smile. I love his smile which make me smile even bigger.

We got to kick the field goal. They asked me to do it. Oh no! I thought I would do terrible. But apparently not. I kicked it. I made it!

Darry ran up to me and picked me up and spun me around. I guess he was happy I made the touchdown and the field goal. "Nice job!" Darry said after he put me down. "Thanks!"

"Let's go." He said as we ran to the other side of the field.

"Set, huh, huh, hike!" Two-bit yells. "Go long!" He yells at his team. He was pretty good too. He was weaving in and out of our team. He long bombs it.

I was so fast I caught up with Steve who caught it. He was running towards the end zone. I caught up with him and tackled him. It was odd but I prevented him from scoring.

I got up and started walking towards my team with a huge smile on my face. Soda and I walked by each other when he suddenly grabbed my arm. I turned around to look at him. "Your going down." He told me. "Yeah, right!" I said and laughed.

I walked back to my team and we played the next play. I ran down to where Steve and Soda were all ready to catch the ball.

Two-bit threw the ball and when I turned around it was coming right at me. I jumped up to catch it and I did. I caught it! I could hear Darry yell form the other end of the field "INTERCEPTION!" I started running for the end zone. Our end zone.

I had Steve and Soda chasing after me. Then all of the sudden I was on the ground. Soda was on top of me and I had the football in my arms.

"I told ya you where going down." He smirked. "Haha!" I said with a sassy tone. "But I still intercepted it."

"Well I still tackled you." He smirked. "I know." I said back.

He then planted his lips onto mine. We were kissing for about five seconds then the gang walks by. "Alright you two love birds. Let's get back to playing the game." Darry told us. We stop kissing and Soda gets off of me.

He puts his hand out and I put my hand in his. He helps me up and we go to our own teams.

We played for probably another hour and then we went back to the Curtis household. It was getting dark and cold. I was shivering on the way home.

Soda had a jacket and put it around me. I felt a lot better and a lot warmer. He also put his arm around me to make me warmer. I had my right arm around his back and my left arm around his stomach so both my hands were touching. He was a lot taller than me so it was perfect. I am really short.

I am really glad I wore my converse. Playing football in sandals would be hard.

We got to the Curtis house and walked in. We all did our own thing. Darry and Two-bit played poker. Dally and Johnny talked. Soda and Steve arm wrestled. Hannah and I talked a lot while we watched the boys do their own thing.

Two-bit and Hannah walked home. Two-bit was drunk so Hannah took him to our house. When I got home he was sound asleep and Hannah was getting ready for bed.

I ate a piece of pizza and then got ready for bed. When I laid in bed I thought. I thought and hoped that this relationship with Soda will work. I mean Steve and I have a friendly relationship. Probably because I love cars and I can work on them. But he hates when I know more about cars then he does.