Chapter 12

I pulled away and went to go sit on the couch. "Don't you have to go to work?" I asked Soda. "Yeah I do. Do you want to come with me?" He asked me. "Yes!" I practically screamed as I jumped off the couch into Soda's arms.

He caught me and spun me around. He set me down and we ran out the door. He wanted to drive so I let him. When he got in I handed him my keys.

He put the top down of course. We went cruising down the street to the DX. The wind blowing in my hair felt good. Riding in my Camaro felt good for a change. Especially with my boyfriend the one and only Sodapop Curtis.

When we got there Steve was working on a Ford Mustang GT 500. He had the music blasted. Soda and I walked up to him hand in hand. We started dancing to the music together. Steve was under the car so he couldn't see us. He didn't notice us so we left.

Soda went behind the counter. I sat on top of the counter facing him. He put his hands on each side of me and I put my arms around his neck. He put his forehead on mine.

We stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like forever. I couldn't stand it so I kissed him. Every time I kiss him it shoots a spark of joy and tingling sensation through my body so I want to collapse.

Luckily I was sitting so I couldn't collapse. "Cut that out!" Steve yelled as he walked in. Soda and I both jumped and pulled away. "C'mon Steve she's my girlfriend!" Soda said back. I blushed.

Soda asked me to work the register so I said yes. Soda and Steve were working on cars. Sometimes I would go out and see what cars Soda and Steve were working on. Sometimes Soda would come check on me.

"Ring!" The bell on the door rang. "Be right back." I said to Soda. "Okay." He said from under the Chevy Belair. "What can I help you wi-" I was cut of by the sight of Marco and his crew.

They were obviously drunk. "Hey baby!" Marco said pinning me against the wall. "Do you want to get back together?" He asked slurring his words. "No I've moved on!" I say pretty confident. "Why not!?" 

"Just get out! Now!" I yell pointing to the door. "Fine just know we will be back for you!" He says as he walks out the door with his crew.

I set out a big sigh of relief before I turn on my heel to go back to the boys. "Who was it?" Soda asked. "Oh nobody I just thought I heard the bell ring." I said back. He shut the hood of the car and I sit on it admiring the cars features. "I love you." Soda said as he kissed my forehead. "I love you too!" I said back as I looked in his beautiful sparkling eyes.