First Gig

After returning back to work, three long day shifts in a row Chloe travelled home, collapsing on her bed with tiredness.

While she loved her job, It could certainly be draining. Chloe pondered on Harry's idea of having a release- a hobby. She called up a local pub and arranged a 30 minute slot to deliver some covers. Her first gig starting Saturday at 9pm.

Chloe rested her eyes happily knowing she had a day to prepare and rest. She already knew some songs from practice over the years, so she'd had no worry's with her set, only her nerves.

Before she knew it Saturday had arrived. Her songs for the night queued up to entice the audience into a small sing along.

Everyone was making the effort to come out for chloes first gig, Harry making a bigger deal out of it than most. Constantly making jokes about the idea of love songs being in the mix.

Chloe arrived at the pub, an hour before her set, to mentally prepare and scout the crowd. The pub was just over half full, still enough people to send anxiety through chloes body. She stood nervously holding her guitar case in her left hand, pinching her leg with the other. She dressed basic, hoping not to stand out especially if it went badly. Her blue jeans complimented her plain white shirt, just a small tuck at the front. Her classic vans wore smaller than others, a size 4 to be precise.

She walked towards the bar and introduced herself to the older gentleman.

"What are you having?" He asked as he threw a tea towel over his shoulder.

"Oh I'm the singer for tonight. 9pm I think I start." Chloe mumbled.

"You're a bit early." He quizzed as he looked at the time. "Maybe you should have a drink, on the house." He smiled.

"Thank you." Chloe smiled. "Vodka and lemonade please." She took a seat at the bar, standing her case beside the stools.

The man served her straight away, placing a slice of lemon in her drinks. "I'm terry we spoke on the phone I believe."

"Ah terry yes." Chloe almost spat and she tried to swallow her drink quickly before answering.

"First gig?" He asked.

"Is it that obvious?" Chloe frowned.

"Everyone looks nervous their first time doing something. If you didn't...well then I wouldn't trust you." He laughed.

"You should decided that after you hear me sing." Chloe laughed back.

"You can't be that bad." He joked.

"Let's see." Chloe smiled.

"Anyone coming to watch?"

"A few friends. I hope they don't get too excited. If they get rowdy feel free to kick them out. It might save me the embarrassment." Chloe sighed.

"Darling this is a London pub, when isn't it rowdy. Might be nice to get some fresh faces in here. Liven it up a bit, tonight this lot are a bit dead. Lost a football game." He rolled his eyes.

"Not a fan?" Chloe laughed.

"Every match, we play every match. You can only take so much football before it starts to destroy your soul." He smiled.

"I'll drink to that." Chloe laughed. With that terry left to serve some other locals, leaving Chloe to mumble lyrics to herself.

"Hey." A voice called out as two hands grabbed chloes shoulders with a light shake. She turned to find Simon standing with the others, they must've met up before coming.