This is Not Goodbye

"Mr lewis?" A doctor called in the waiting room before approaching the alert family and friends, which happened to be chloe and the rest.

"Hi." She greeted chloe and the boys. "I'm doctor Mary; I'm in charge of Harry care for today."

"Hi, I'm chloe, Harry's partner. I actually work here, is there anyway I could come and see him."

"I'm afraid you're too close to the patient to be able to join, it might impact his care."

"That's okay." Chloe frowned as she knew they'd say no.

"How is he?" Simon asked.

"Harry had an emergency MRI, the results did show a occipital lobe bleed. We've taken him into an emergency surgery to drain and stop the bleed. He's stable at the moment. The surgery is taking place now. We'll have a recovery nurse come and update you when he's in recovery." She finished.

"Oh my god." Chloe sighed with both shock and relief. She couldn't believe he needed surgery but at the same time she was relieved they knew what was wrong and that they could fix it.

"It's good you acted quickly in getting him here. Brain haemorrhages can leave permanent damage or worse if not spotted quick enough, in Harry's case this could have been life changing."

"Jesus." JJ muttered. Chloe knew how much Tobi blamed himself, this couldn't have helped. She turned to him to catch him holding his necklace tightly in his hands, muttering silent words as he appeared to be praying. Chloe didn't want to interrupt so she gently placed her hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

Chloe knew this could be a long surgery. She explained to the boys that she would stay, assuring them she'd call if any new came to light. With that the boys said their good byes and began to leave as the day drew to an end.

Tobi came back an hour later with jogging bottoms and an oversized sweatshirt packed. Along with a travel sized pillow and a blanket. Snacks and drinks all crammed on the top.

"What's this?" Chloe asked as Tobi handed her the bag.

"Supplies. I thought you might need spare clothes. I didn't want to dig through your stuff so I've brought you some of my clean clothes. They might be a bit big but its warm and cosy. I got you a pillow and blanket incase you fall asleep. These chairs can't be comfy. If you get hungry there loads to eat and drink so you don't need to leave or anything. I'd bring you the toilet if I could but I-"

"Tobi this is amazing." Chloe said shocked. "Thank you."

"I just can't stop thinking this was my fault." He muttered. "I need to help."

"Tobi sit down." Chloe said as she was about to lecture him. She pulled out the blanket and wrapped it around his shoulders.

"If Ethan had kicked that ball. Would you think it's his fault?"

"Well no...but I-"

"What if vik kicked it. Or Simon or JJ or even me?"

"No i wouldn't think it's their fault."

"What makes you any different?"

"I just can't stop thinking if I kicked it to the right..."

"Then Harry still would've done something crazy and we'd still be here. It's just a combination of everything. What if it had been a plastic pole? What if it wasn't cold? What if Harry wasn't in goal? What if the wind was a little lighter? None of the what ifs can confirm things would be any different. You can't blame yourself. No one thinks it's your fault or blames you. Whatever happens you need to know that. I don't blame you and Harry wouldn't blame you so you're not allowed to blame yourself."