The Nights

Chloe and Harry dresses up in warm clothes as they took a taxi into the next town, admiring the views on route. The paid the driver and got out outside a local pub, walking into the quaint but vocal tavern. The regular chanting loudly to the band playing at the far end, something chloe could relate to.

"You should go up." Harry smiled as they walked over to the bar.

"No way." Chloe shoved.

"What's your drink?" The tender asked.

"Two beers?" Harry shrugged as he turned to Chloe for approval.

"Lovely." She smiled.

Harry paid the sum and led them to a spare table in the middle of the chaos.

"This reminds me of the new film on Netflix." Chloe smiled amused by the vibes.

"I'm not a tv guy." Harry nodded.

"I know." Chloe rolled her eyes. "You're crazy. Missing so much."

"I'm perfectly content." He smiled, locking eyes with Chloe.

"Are you English?" The man from the next table asked in a very strong Icelandic accent.

"From London. Spending the weekend here." Chloe agreed, knowing Harry was too awkward to speak up.

"Did you like that film. Sorry I don't mean to listen." He smiled, warming chloe.

"I loved it. I actually listen to the soundtrack on Spotify." She laughed.

"You should request a song." He nodded. "We love visitors."

"Oh no it's okay." Chloe began to awkwardly pull away.

"Come on it will be fun. Proper Iceland."

"It's okay." Chloe tried not to make a fool of herself. As if by chance the song ended and the audience began to chant out song name, titles in Icelandic.

The man on the table next to chloe and Harry gave them and passing smile and proceeded to stand.

"We have visitors from England!" He shouted louder than most.

"Oh my god." Chloe muttered as she turned to Harry and laughed. His face reading exactly how she felt. In the spotlight. Faces turned to spot the newcomers.

"Play Jaja ding dong!" He chanted followed with the agreement of locals.

Without hesitation the band began to play. The sound of beer glasses hit the table as people began to raise from their seats and stand in applaud. Some even locking arms and spinning around.

"I actually know this song. It's in the movie. It must be a real thing." Chloe said shocked to Harry. Who was bemused the entire time.

Chloe raised from her seat and began to clap with everyone else, even attempting the lyrics. Getting in the mood.

"Jaja ding dong!" The band shouted.

"Ding dong!" The crowd shouted back.

"Jaja ding dong!"

"Ding dong!" Chloe sung with the rest, causing Harry to laugh. "Come on." She encouraged as she raised him out his seat.

Chloe laughed after every line, filled with joy as she danced alongside Harry and the pub filled with Icelanders.

"I can't believe you." Harry laughed as the song ended and everyone settled.

"That was crazy." Chloe said a little breathless.

Harry sat in awe as he imagined a future of memories like that. A future with Chloe. He couldn't help but smile wider than before as he admired the beauty in front of him. He knew he never stopped loving chloe but this felt different. He felt consumed, slightly desperate. In that moment he decided to tell her, if not right now, soon. Before they left Iceland. By any chance she felt the same, it was worth taking the shot.

"The lights." Chloe gasped as she looked at the time.

Chloe and Harry downed their beers and headed for the door, they could see the start of the lights in the distance.

"Let's go somewhere!" Chloe smiled. Tugging on Harry's hand as they headed for the docks. Almost running across the icey paths, travelling careful down the decline.

As they stood at water front they leaned on the barrier. Watching as the lights quickly approached, splashing through the sky. The reflection rippling in the dark water.

Neon green filled the sky as it swirled with colours of blue and purple. The sight was surreal, warping them into a different world.

"It's crazy they see this every night. Do you ever think it stops being special?" Chloe asked.

"Not if you're seeing it with the right person." Harry mumbled, his eyes locked firmly on the sky as he fell into the moment. Chloe turned her head for a brief moment. Catching in the beauty of Harry concentrating on something so spectacular.

"Are you?" Chloes heart almost skipped a beat as she asked, the most nervous she'd ever been.

"Am i what?" Harry smiled as he turned to face her. The lights brightening her smile.

"Are you with the right person right now?"

"It couldn't be any more right if I tried." Harry agreed.

Sensing the right moment Harry took his opportunity. As they focused on souly each other Harry leaned in. Delicately placing his cold hand on chloes equally cold and red cheek. Knowing exactly what was about to happen Chloe smiled in anticipation as she pulled him down to her. Their frozen lips warmed through the touch of each other. After a slow but lengthy exchange chloe pulled away lovingly.

"I'm still in love with you Harry." She didn't regret the words as they tumbled out, she knew she meant them and now she knew he did too.

"I never stopped." Harry agreed.

"This could be the most perfect night." Chloe smiled as the leant back onto the barrier. Harry standing behind her as he wrapped his arms around her body. Their winter coats rubbing together as they held each other tight. Chloe rested her head back into Harry's chest as she looked up at the lights. Taking in the sound of the waves crashing against the docks, combined with the sound of Harry's nervous breathing. Harry placed his head on top of hers, breathing in the scent of her freshly washed hair, the smell of sea salt and honey mixed into one.

After 10 minutes of comfortable silence the pair decided to head back to the hotel. Their skin burning with the sensation of heat after walking through the doors compared to the low temperatures outside. There was no hesitation when entering their shared room. The coats and boots stripped off along with other items of clothing as they indulged each other in their own warm. Skin to skin under the sheets, finishing off the perfect night.