Competition | 🇬🇧 x reader x 🇫🇷

Requested by Norw3gian_Viking

Sorry for the long delay. School just went back in session and projects just swarmed in ;-;.

I'm not proud of this one but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless! ^u^

—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—

The doorbell rang, signifying that he had arrived.

You hurried over to open the door.

“Good afternoon (Y/n).” Britain greeted.

“Afternoon Britain! Oh and Welcome! It's not much but it's home.” you chuckled, letting him inside your house.

As soon as he entered the living room, he made eye contact with France, who was seated comfortably on the couch. Both countries giving each other a piercing glare.

“(Y/n) why is he here?” Britain asked, annoyance in his tone of voice.

“Well, I invited him too!” You replied, a cheerful smile on your face.

“Hope you don't mind, Britain.” France smiled, putting on a friendly act.

“Oh dear no, I don't mind at Britain.” Britain followed along.

“Well that's nice!” you exclaimed, clasping your hands together.

“I'll go get the snacks from the kitchen,” you informed.

Britain and France watched as you made your way to the kitchen. Once you were out of sight, their expression turned into a complete 180.

“Alright France, what are you playing at?” Britain growled.

“Me? No, nothing.” France lied, causing the English country to scoff.

“I'm just here to spend some time with (Y/n),” France stated, his smile not faltering.

“Well, you better not ruin anything.”

“Of course not, (Y/n) would obviously prefer to choose me over you-” France began, only for his sentence to get cut off.

“Oh is that a challenge?” Britain smirked, eyes directed to the French.

“I suppose.” France agreed.

“Alright then, we'll see~”

/////

You three have finished about two movies in total.

Both France and Britain continued their little competition. The points they had being:
---------------------
Tea - 1          
Baguette - 1
---------------------

A tie. Thus, meaning that they only needed one point, until one of the two would win.

You didn't notice what the visiting countries were up to. You were just enjoying the time you were having with them.

Now you were currently shuffling around the pile of DVD's you had. In the search of the next movie.

Not to your knowledge, the two countries were already fighting behind you.

“France that's absurd-”

“None of it is absurd, it's all just facts Britain”

“How are you so sure about that. You don't know how (Y/n) feels”

You perked up at the sound of your name.

“I may not know but-”

“What's this about me?” you inserted, looking disappointed.

“U-uh, see dear we were just-” France attempted to explain, only to get cut off.

“Are you two fighting about me?” You asked, causing a thick tension of silence throughout the room.

“I thought we were having fun...” you mumbled, feeling slightly pained at the current situation.

Your mood caused a sense of guilt and panic to
the two countries.

“N-no, it's not like we aren't having fun mon ami!”

“No dear, we're having a wonderful time!” the quickly stated, attempting to lift up the mood of their lovely (Y/n).

“Really?” You further asked, causing the expression of the two to soften, realizing that the little competition they had did nothing but disappoint her.

“Of course dear” Britain assured, bringing you a sense of comfort.

“Besides (Y/n), why don't we start the next movie?” France suggested, reminding you of what you were doing.

“Ah! Right!”

You quickly inserted the selected DVD into its player and rushed back over to the couch.

You gave the two countries a warm smile, before focusing once again on the next movie.