Safe | 🇷🇺 x child! reader

Sorry, I haven't updated in a while. I'm starting to lose motivation.

I'm taking interest in different kinds of writing too! Maybe I'll start writing horror, I've always wanted to try that out.

This chapter's pretty short but I hope you enjoy it. <3

—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—

Russia was currently wandering about in the woods. He wanted to relax for a bit, everything seemed exhausting recently.

He leaned his back on the tree, eyes focused on a white bird–dove flying around the sky.

His eyes followed as the dove flew away. For some odd reason, Russia felt the urge to follow it, and so he did.

The white feathered creature led him to a grassy meadow.

Suddenly, he noticed the faint sound of whimpering from afar. His eyes trailed around, curious to find the source of the crying.

It sounded like a little girl.

He took notice that the scenario seemed oddly familiar to a horror film. Then he saw it, a little girl, hugging her knees closely as she sobbed. The dove was seated beside her like it was telling him to approach her.

He walked towards her. The child made no shifts and kept crying.

Russia planted his hand on her head, as a form of comfort. The child froze at the touch, she began to quiet down.

Russia kneeled to her height.

“Look.” He told her, pointing to the white bird beside her feet.

The little girl smiled warmly as she picked the bird up and settled it on her lap, stroking its feathers.

“You're strange, mister.”

“Oi, kid. Don't speak to strangers.”

“…”

Russia's eyes trailed over to the bird, sitting comfortably on her lap. Why was this place so blissful? Who was this child anyway?

A sigh left the country's mouth, speaking up to the child once more.

“You shouldn't worry so much, this place...is safe…”