Orchids | 🇰🇵 x reader

Requested by neko_girl_Russ ^^

Hanahaki Au~

—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—

You pulled your knees closer to your chest. A tear slipped out of your eye as you gritted your teeth.

North went too far.

‘Stupid North...’

/////

I don't care (Y/n)-I DON'T CARE! I'll do whatever I want to.” North stated, raising his voice.

“Well, you should care! North you could get seriously hurt-”

“(Y/n)!” He yelled, causing you to jump and lower your head as silence occupied the room for a while.

“Remember when I cared about your opinion?”

“...”

“Good cause I never did.” he barked, turning to walk off, only to get cut off by your sudden statement.

“...Is this how little you think of me...?” you muttered, voice cracking as tears threatened to spill.

“...Gosh, your such a bother-”

“Fine! I'm done trying to help you!” You yelled out.

One by one, tears quickly leaked out of your eyes as you stomped off.

All of the sudden, you squinted your eyes as you began coughing immensely.

There, came a flower, with a slight tint of red blood.

A pink orchid...

How pretty...

/////

You let out another violent cough, gripping the rim of the porcelain sink.

Pink orchids and petals poured out of your mouth.

As the coughing stopped, you crouched down, a tear rolling down your face.

You hated this.

It hurt...so, so much.

It's been a week since your fight with North. You haven't spoken to him ever since, nor have you left your house.

The other countries grew worried about you but you kept pushing them away.

They respected your boundaries, to say the least.

You knew what you had. The disease you acquired...
and you hated every bit of it.

Deep down, you knew how this would end.

The only way to survive was to tell him. Yet if he denied your feelings...you wouldn't live either way.

Oh and the surgery? You didn't want it.

Sure the love you had for him caused an immense amount of pain but...you didn't want everything to go to waste.

You had nice times with him too.

Still, you wanted to get this over quickly. So you decided to go over his house and just tell him.

No backing out. No matter the cost.

-----------------------------------

You arrived at his house.

Staring at deeply into the front door, you felt your throat tickle as your breathing began to hitch.

You began to hear the intense palpitation of your heart.

...

‘What's going on...?’

With that, you collapsed.

—–—–—–—–—–—–—

The sound of a heart monitor filled the room as you lay in a coma with a familiar country sitting beside your bed.

“(Y/n)...” North muttered, gently taking hold of your hand.

“I'm sorry for causing you all this and I-I'm sorry for making you suffer this much but I-...

I just see you as a friend...”

The heart monitor shifted in a straight line.

...