12. The ally

Merlin left the training area and found that the glass had been cleaned up by the servants. Merlin rejoined his brother and knights,. Christian wore a worried look. "I saw King Arthur's betrothed, follow you up there."

Merlin nodded. "She knows." Merlin stated, simply.

"How?" James asked.

"She overheard us talking with Daine." Realisation dawn on them. "Yeah. She promised not to say anything."

"Why can't we just tell the princess?" Gwaine asked.

Merlin thought for a moment, before saying, "I've already kept enough secrets from him and what do you think Arthur will do if he finds out I've lied to him for five years? My status, my identity, my magic? I will tell him. Just... Not yet." The truth is, the reason he isn't telling Arthur now, is because he is scared that it will ruin his friendship with Arthur. But he knows that can't delay the inevitable much longer.

"Good, because it is best that you tell him, rather than find out from someone else." Christian said.

Merlin sighed. "I know."

***

Sir Leon was tense around the Knights of Nelthon. Sir Leon was distrustful of magic, but, although being trained under Uther's rule, he doesn't share the same thoughts as the late king. Magic has saved his life once before, and ever since that day, his views on magic has changed, though he doesn't fully trust it, thinking of Morgana and the devastating terror she has caused. But he trusts Arthur's judgement. If Arthur is willing to go against, everything his father taught his about magic to help a prince--princes, he reminds himself, even if the elder prince is still unknown to them--then Leon would gladly ally himself with it.

Leon looked over at Arthur's manservant and noticed him talking with said prince and three of the Knights of Nelthon, including Gwaine and Lancelot, and couldn't help but notice, how they seem to be close. Considering, they have only just met and Merlin's, but a servant. Not that Leon cares about that. Merlin is like a little brother to all of the knights, even Arthur loathe that he is to admit it, and they care a great deal about him.

Leon has noticed a change in Merlin ever since Sir James, Sir Lewis and Sir Ellis arrived in Camelot and Leon is getting the distinct impression, that there is more to Merlin, than meets the eye.

***

Later that night, a knight wearing Gelmand's crest entered the hideout. Every single knight, took out their swords, until Christian says, "Wait. He's a friend." Everyone looked the stranger cautiously, before sheathing their swords, albeit warily. Christian, Merlin, Arthur, Mordred, Elyan, Leon, Percival, Gwaine, Lancelot, Guinevere, James, Ellis and Lewis went up to the stranger. "Sir Kellion."

"My lord," Kellion bowed to Christian. Merlin recognised him from the vision he had a few nights ago and breathed a sigh of relief. Kellion is the ally. Everyone relaxed and carried on with their daily routine. The Camelotian's, however, were still tense.

"Sir Kellion, is the ally I have mentioned." The Camelotian's visibly relaxed. "I have asked King Arthur to help gain our kingdom back and he was more than willing," Christian said. Kellion bowed to King Arthur. Merlin tried to stay out of sight, knowing the ally knight would expose him on a single glance.

"Sire," Kellion said, his face serious. "There is urgent news that I wish to address."

***

A/N: Sorry about the short chapter but hopefully the next one will be longer.

I hope you enjoy it anyway.

@Triquetra123