The One With New Teacher

Sound of your heels clapping on the floor sounds like power.

"Don't worry, my love. I'll be with you tonight once I finish," I assured him before ending the call.

As I strolled towards the classroom, the anticipation of encountering the newest doppelganger, as instructed by Klaus, tingled within me. My task was to masquerade as a professor to a group of unsuspecting children, while Klaus tended to pressing matters in his current host body. We couldn't afford any suspicion regarding his possession of Alaric Saltzman's form.

Klaus, my beloved husband of over a millennium, and I had entered into matrimony during our mortal days. Our blissful union abruptly shattered when a calamity befell us, forcing us to embrace the eternal night as vampires.

But we were not ordinary vampires. Klaus, originally a werewolf, had his lycanthropic powers suppressed by Esther, his mother, during the immortality ritual. To become a true hybrid, he had to break a thousand-year-old curse hanging over him. On the other hand, my vampiric transformation bestowed upon me a unique ability: the power to delve into someone's memories with a single touch.

Entering the classroom, I greeted the teenagers with an overly cheerful smile. "Hello, class," I beamed, feigning enthusiasm. "Mr. Saltzman has some personal matters to attend to, so he sent me as his substitute for the day. I'm Professor Thea Peterson," I fabricated, stepping further into the room.

Scanning the students, my eyes finally landed on her—the young doppelganger. She seemed to have noticed my gaze, promptly straightening up in response. I shook my head subtly while retrieving a blue notebook from the desk.

"What will we be studying today?" I inquired, still perusing Alaric's notebook, deciphering his less-than-pristine handwriting.

"With the decade dance tonight we have been covering the sixties whole week." a girl in the front row informed me. I mustered a small smile in her direction.

"Ah, the sixties," I murmured, grabbing a piece of chalk and jotting it down on the board. Taking a moment to gather my thoughts, I spun around and clapped my hands together.

"I wish I could say something good about the sixties," I confessed, perching myself on the edge of the table. "They were rather dreadful," I concluded, chuckling.

"Well, apart from a few glimmers of hope scattered throughout," I added, a subtle smile playing on my lips.

As the class eventually drew to a close, I settled into the uncomfortable chair, observing the students as they filed out of the classroom.

"Miss Peterson," a woman's voice called out, interrupting my reverie. I lifted my head, coming face-to-face with Elena Gilbert.

Her beauty was undeniable—long, straight hair cascading around an oval face with a light-olive complexion. She was a living embodiment of my elder sister Tatia.

"Yes?" I raised an eyebrow, regarding her curiously.

"I'm sorry if this sounds silly, but why is Ric... I mean, Mr. Saltzman absent? He didn't mention anything to me, and we're sort of friends," she stumbled, attempting to maintain composure.

"He's perfectly fine. You'll likely see him later today. He'll explain everything. I'm just assisting him in the meantime," I replied, offering her a sweet smile. Elena gazed at me for a few moments before walking away, seemingly satisfied with my response.

-------

"Frankly, I despise you for making me go through this," I declared as I entered the humble flat belonging to our fellow history teacher. My husband chuckled at my comment and attempted to kiss me, but I instinctively stepped back. "Not while you're in this body," I murmured, planting a quick peck on his cheek. 

"Did she show up?" he inquired, following me into the living room. "Yes, we had a conversation. Strange girl, not particularly bright, I suppose," I replied with a smirk, proceeding to enter the room where another doppelganger awaited. 

"Hello, Katherine. It's been a while," I smirked, taking a seat opposite her. "Althea..." she acknowledged, glancing my way. "How have you been, love? I haven't laid eyes on you in... how long? Five hundred years?" I asked, crossing my legs. 

"Something like that," she answered, reclining in her chair. I wanted to taunt her further, but Klaus approached us with two shirts in his hands. "Bad or badder?" he inquired, displaying both options. 

"Dark colors suit you better, honey," I smiled. "Thank you, dear," he responded, discarding the lighter shirt back into the closet. Then, he turned his attention to Katherine. "Let's play a little game," he sauntered over to her. "Are the dagger and white ash in the possession of the Salvatores?" he asked. "The dagger was used to kill Elijah," Katherine explained. 

A shiver ran down my spine. I loved Elijah, despite knowing his desire to end our lives. We had daggered the rest of our family and concealed them from him, unaware that he held no knowledge of our actions, all in an effort to protect them from Mikael. Rebekah was spoiled, Kol reckless, Finn abhorred our vampiric existence—they attracted too much attention, and we couldn't afford that. 

"Where is Elijah now?" I demanded. "He's in the basement of their house," Katherine responded. "That dagger must remain precisely where it is. The last thing I need is for Elijah to be resurrected," Klaus whispered to himself, his gaze drifting towards the window. 

I knew Klaus loved Elijah, regardless of everything. Family meant everything to him. Family meant everything to us, and we had to safeguard them, even if it meant they would despise us thereafter. 

"Don't forget about your girlfriend, Jenna," Katherine interjected, reclining in the armchair. "Right, Elena's aunt," Klaus acknowledged, and I stood, facing Katherine, who appeared frantic as if she were concealing something. "What else?" I asked, drawing closer to her. "That's all," she insisted, avoiding my gaze. "Please, kill me. I've told you everything I know," Katherine pleaded, her eyes fixed on the floor.

 I seized her by the neck, forcing her to meet my gaze. "Tell me!" I compelled her. "They want Bonnie to attempt to kill an original without the dagger," she uttered. "Bonnie... Elena's best friend?" I proposed. "Yes. Please, kill me," she pleaded once more. "After five centuries of evading death and thereby preventing me from breaking the curse, a simple death is too lenient. Your punishment will endure for at least half that time before I end you," Klaus declared, smirking at the wretched doppelganger.

________________

Hi everyoneeee. This is my new story and this is my first ever fanfiction.
Also,I want to point out that English is not my first language so please be gentle with the critics.