The One Where Everything Is Flashback

I sat on the chair next to a huge window looking at the big city in front of me. It was beautiful and it looked peaceful. Peace is something I never felt in my long lifetime. 
Niklaus and I have been running from Mikael for centuries, I knew that he could find us anytime and when Damon Salvatore informed us that he knows where we are I felt great dread.
I almost cried honestly. 
I remembered times when I have just married Niklaus, I feared Mikael even when we were just neighbourds and when he became my father in law I feared him even more.
It was strange that Niklaus was the first one to elope since he had two older brothers but Mikael and my father decided that it's best for our families to unite with marriage.
Before this marriage, Nik and I were best friends. We shared everything, he knew everything about me and I knew everything about him. One day he even admitted his admiration for my older sister Tatia, and he cried on my shoulder when she picked Elijah over him. 

And then we got married when I was aged 21. I was happy that I married the man I knew even though I didn't love him at the time and he was still heartbroken over Tatia. But soon we fell in love. We are together for over a millenium, and I adored him and I was ready to run from Mikael with him for years more.

I stood next to a well trying to get some water but my attempt was interrupted by Rebekah who dragged me by the hand. She was smiling ''Come Althea...my brothers are fighting again.'' she dragged me a few yards further into the village and I smiled when I saw Niklaus and Elijah with their swords raised. It was entertaining. But the thing that wasn't entertaining was look that Mikael was giving to the two boys.
''Look...sister and your wife came to watch my fast approaching victory!'' Elijah teased Klaus who laughed loudly ''On the contrary, Elijah...They are come to laugh at you!'' Klaus swang his sword and cut off Elijah's waist.
''Relax, Mikael. Niklaus means well.'' Esther tried to calm down her raging husband but he ignored her walking towards the boys. He approached them and then took Elijah's sword turning around to face Klaus.
Everyone stop laughing and I took Rebekah's hand in mine. 

''So, why don't you teach me that trick, young warrior?'' Mikeal spoke to Klaus who now looked frightened. 
''Father, we were just having fun.'' Niklaus tried to defend himself but Mikael was furious as always ''We fight for our survival! And you find time for fun?! I want to have fun! Teach me! Come on!'' he yelled while whinging his sword at Niklaus.
''Father..It was nothing.''  Niklaus tried to defend himself  and then Mikael tackled him to the ground. 
I gasped and squeezed harder Rebekah's hand. Mikael put a sword on Niklaus's throat.

''You are foolish and impulsive, my boy. What? No more laughter?'' he yelled at him. Niklaus looked frightened.
''You've made your point Mikael'' Esther told him sternly and Mikael stabbed a sword right next to Niklaus ''Some days, it's a miracle you're still alive, boy.''

Once Mikael was gone I run to Niklaus. I sat next to him on my knees and took my hands in his ''Niklaus...Are your alright?'' 
''Yes...Althea...I'm sorry you had to witness that.'' he got up and then kissed my hand.
''Oh...Nik...'' I smiled softly at him.
''Hi frightens me.'' he explained and I hugged him '' He frightens all of us.''