The One With Decade Dance(again)

''Esther is dead.'''

It was the first thing I heard once I entered our house in Mystic Falls. I spent few more days in Denver with Kol, but then I decided to come back since I couldn't leave Nik alone for too long.
''What do you mean Esther is dead? When? How?'' I walked to him.
''She died...I don't know how. She got weaker...and she died.'' he shrugged. ''Rebekah went to take the last dagger.'' he explained.
''Where is it?'' I sat on the bed.
''Alaric Saltzman has it, but I believe she will persuade him to gave it over.'' he smiled. ''I missed you.''
''I missed you too.'' I said, but refused to kiss him. ''But I'm still mad.'' 
''Damn...'' 

----------------------

''What took you so long?'' I heard my husband ask and I directed my attention to a blonde girl that stood on the doorway.
I waved at her with a smile.
''Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake.'' she takes it from her jacked showing it to us ''Luckily I'm quite the charmer.'' she smirked.
''That's it?'' I asked, unamused.
''The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors or shall I?'' she stretched out her hand so Nik can take it.

Nik stands up taking the stake from Rebekah's hands and then throws it into fireplace. We watched how the stake got distroyed.
''Well that's that then.'' I smiled, standing up as well.
''Pack your bags, we're leaving.'' Nik said, starting to walk away from the room.

''Today?'' Rebekah asked sadly.
''Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be off by sunset.'' Nik said, turning around to face us.
''But tonight is the decade dance.'' she complained.
''So?'' Nik rolled his eyes.
''So, I'm head of the committee, we have to go.'' Rebekah explained, with pleading look on her face.
'' I'm not going to any dance.'' Nik said again.
''Thea will go with me.Right Thea?'' she looked at me with a sad smile ''Please, I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me.'' she looked at Nik again, and then returned her attention to me.
I stood up ''Okay, fine.C'mon Nik. I believe that it would be fun.'' 
''Okay, fine. One last hoorah.'' he raised his hands.

''One last hoorah, Nik.''

-------------------------------------------------

Nik and I walked inside of the school gym. The music was loud and people around us were dancing like it's their last time.
''Let's get this over with.'' I said, taking Nik's hand.
We started dancing ''Remember the '20 Thea?The girls were reckless, sexy, fun. They literally used to dance until they dropped.'' he said kissing my lips softly.
''How could I not remember? '' I smiled happily but I noticed that Nik's face expression changed. 

I turned around, spotting Tyler Lockwood. ''Him again...'' I rolled my eyes, walking with Klaus towards him and the blonde girl.
''Where've you been mate?'' Niklaus asked the young hybrid.
''I just got back in town.'' the young hybrid said, letting go of his blonde friend.
''That's funny, I don't recall giving you permission to leave in the first place. '' Niklaus said an then he turned to the blone ''You don't mind if I cut in, do you?''
''Yes! Actually I do!'' she said.
''Oh shut up!'' I said strictly.''Will you be nice Tyler? Or should I force you to be nice?'' I hissed.
''No...It's fine.'' he said, and then he looked at Nik.
''Why do you two always have to prove you're the alpha couple?!" she asked.
''We don't have to prove anything sweetheart! We are the alpha couple.'' I smiled sweetly at her, dragging Klaus outside of the gym.
''I didn't finish my job with Tyler Lockwood Thea! No need to drag me!'' he said annoyed.
''I'm worried! Where is Rebekah? She is the only reason why we are here!'' I said ''Call her!'' 

He took his phone from his pocket, calling Rebekah. We went our way out of the school once I stopped, spotting the line of salt on the exit of the school.

''Rebekah, call me back immediately! I only came to this ridiculous dance because you begged me to and now you're nowhere to be found.'' 

''Nik...''I said.
''What is it Thea? We must find Rebekah...Let's go!'' he said.
''We can't ! Look..'' I pointed towards a salt line.
''What the hell?'' he said quietly.

I heard a footsteps behind us ''Your mother is back.'' a younger Salvatore said.

----------------------------