The One With Jenna

"I'll be back as soon as I can," a young male witch said, waving to me as he left the flat. "Hurry," Klaus urged. "I'm eager to rid myself of this body," he added before closing the door. Katarina, pouring coffee, took a seat next to me. "Where is he going?" she inquired. "To retrieve my husband's body, of course," I replied with a smile, sipping the bourbon that Klaus had poured for me. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" she voiced her concern. "The full moon is almost upon us. I have the moonstone, and the doppelganger awaits me," Klaus revealed, pulling the moonstone from his pocket. "I killed the witch," I raised my hands in the air and laughed. "My dear wife killed the witch," Klaus confirmed. "I am ready to break this curse," he declared. "Why would you do it here? There are so many people who would try to stop you," Katarina reasoned, and she was right, of course. There were many people present who would try to save the doppelganger. Stupid Elena, all she did was cry and hope someone would rescue her. I couldn't help but admire Katherine; unlike Elena, she tried to help herself.

"Because I have to," Klaus replied to Katarina. "It has to be done in the birthplace of the doppelganger," he explained. "I didn't realize that was a requirement," Katarina stood up, facing Klaus. "Well, how could you? You betrayed us and fled to England before we could provide you with the details, Katarina," I seized her by the throat. "Leave her be, dear," Klaus intervened. "In the end, we found her birthplace and slaughtered her family," he grinned wickedly. "Well, I suppose we're cool then," I released my grip, allowing her to fall to the floor. "Let's just hope Elena isn't as foolish as you were," Klaus remarked, taking my hand as we left the apartment.

---------

"Hello, Jenna," Klaus greeted her with a wide smile. "Alaric, hi," she responded awkwardly, glancing at me. "This is Thea, my great and old friend. I wanted you to meet her," Klaus introduced me, maintaining his smile. "Yeah, come on in," Jenna opened the door wider to allow us entry.

I could sense that she wasn't entirely comfortable with our presence. However, since she was unaware of the supernatural world, we should be fine. We sat down at the large kitchen table. "Stefan was acting strange a few minutes ago. He didn't want me to come to the grill," Jenna blurted out but was interrupted by the doorbell. She went to answer it. "It's Stefan," I informed Klaus since he didn't possess his vampire abilities in this body. He stood up and positioned himself a few steps in front of me.

"Hi, Jenna. Thank you for not going to the grill. I can explain everything," Stefan said, leading the way to the living room where we followed him. "Hi, Stefan," Klaus greeted him with a wave.

Stefan looked at us, then back at Jenna. "Come on, I'm making something special to eat," Klaus offered, and we all followed him into the kitchen.

Klaus positioned himself on the other side of the counter and began chopping vegetables. "Well...I find chopping really..." he trailed off, searching for the right word before glancing at me. "Calming?" I suggested. "Yes," Klaus happily replied. "Maybe it's the feeling of a blade in your hand," I proposed, laughing. Jenna looked at both of us, confused and somewhat frightened. "I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what the hell is going on," Jenna demanded. "Will you two tell her, or should I?" I asked, standing up. "Tell me what?" Jenna's frustration grew as she took a few steps away from us. Stefan glared at me, but I continued to laugh. It was quite entertaining, to be honest. "Do you believe in vampires, Jenna?" Klaus asked, and she regarded him as if he were insane. "No? Well, who does? But believe it or not, they have a significant place in our history. And as a history teacher, I find them fascinating," he finished. "Why are we talking about this?" Jenna asked, distancing herself from us. "Well...you were angry at me for keeping secrets," Klaus responded, leaving the knife on the table. Stefan looked at him, taking a step forward. "Well, this is my secret. I'm obsessed with vampires," Klaus laughed. "Are you joking?" Jenna questioned. "No, not at all," Klaus stated before turning to me. "Do you like vampires, Thea?" he asked, then turned to face Stefan. "What about you, Stefan?" "In literature. Bram Stoker," Stefan replied. "Well, he's nothing special, but I appreciate him," I remarked. "Did you know that vampires are the oldest creatures of the night?" I asked. "After werewolves, of course," Klaus corrected me. "Werewolves?" Jenna inquired, then turned around. "Now I know you're joking," she exclaimed, raising her hands. "I read somewhere that there is an Aztec curse that was placed upon both species," Klaus continued. I was certain that Jenna was thoroughly creeped out by us at this point. "It makes werewolves slaves to the moon and vampires bound by the sun, isn't that right, Stefan?" Klaus looked at Stefan, then at me. "They say that these species would do anything to have this curse broken," he concluded.

"I know all of this seems weird, but vampires are real," Klaus finished. "Get out," Jenna said, standing up. "Both of you. Get out," she yelled. "You heard her," Stefan stood up as well. "I'm afraid I don't want to," Klaus replied calmly. "Fine, I'll go," Jenna started walking toward the door, but I stopped her. "You're not going anywhere," I grabbed her upper arm. "Leave her alone," Stefan pushed me against the wall. "Jenna, run!" he yelled at her, revealing his vampire face that only made the poor woman more frightened, causing her to flee. "You can't just try to kill us. It'll only make us angrier," I smiled, snapping Stefan's neck. With that, Klaus and I made our escape.