The One With Mikael

I woke up with strong hands around my waist. These last few days we have been in Portland, trying to figure out what our next move should be.

 I rolled in bed to face Klaus and I stared in him for a few minutes.
He looked peaceful. 
''You are staring.'' he stated with his eyes still closed.
''Because I love you.'' I laughed softly.
''It's creepy.'' he opened his eyes and smiled.
''It's romantic.'' I explained with a big smile.
''I love you too.'' he leaned for a kiss but as soon as he have done that his phone rang.
''It's Stefan Salvatore.'' he groaned and then answered ''Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves.''
''Your father is dead.'' I heard Stefan said. Both me and Klaus stood up.
''What did you just say to me?'' Klaus looked at me and then got up from the bed.
''Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?'' Stefan asked.
''Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened.'' Klaus said
''We lured him in and then we daggered him.'' Stefan explained.
''I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself.'' Klaus said and I walked up to him. I wrapped my arms around his torso to try and comfort him.
''Well, he is here. Come by whenever'' Stefan ensured us.
''If you are lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?''Klaus asked, wanting to  be safe.
''Yes! I saw it with my own eyes.'' Stefan answered and then I spoke up ''Talk to Rebekah.''
''I want to talk to Rebekah.'' Klaus asked and soon I heard a voice of my lovely sister in law ''Hello Nik.'' she said.
''Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run in with the dagger?'' Klaus asked her.
''It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here.'' she answered.
''Althea and I will be home soon.'' he told her and then he hung up.

''Mikael is dead.'' he looked at me.
''I'm not sure about that.'' I was honestly unsure about that. We ran from him for thousand years, this was too easy.
''Well...we must go home to Mystic Falls.'' he told me and soon we were in a car on our way home.

--------------------------------------------

Niklaus and I walked into a crowded room searching for a familiar face of The Salvatore's brothers. 
''Quite the Homecoming.'' we heard a voice behind us.
''I've been planning my father's funeral for a thousand years. Granted, in no version of it were any of these people invited, but you get the idea.'' Niklaus spoke with a small smile and I took his hand in mine.
''So, what now? Stop running?'' Stefan asked eyeing us.
''Now...we reunite our family.'' Klaus answered him while kissing the back of my hand.
''Your family. You mean the people you cart around in caskets?''Stefan looked at us dead serious and I ignored him noticing the Homecoming Queen.

I loved Rebekah, but I knew she was a stubborn brat. If Homecoming Queen is still alive,that means that she still isn't here.

''Where is Rebekah?'' I asked and he looked at me for a few seconds before answering ''I don't know. She should come here with Matt.'' 
''Oh, be honest now, Stefan. Where is my sister?'' Klaus turned around and looked Stefan in the eyes.
''I said I have no idea. How would you like me to take you to your father?'' Stefan asked Niklaus and I looked at him carefully. Something is wrong. Rebekah would never miss a thing like this.
Out of all Mikaelsons she was the one that missed the human life the most. She wanted to graduate, get married, have children and grow old. She would never miss her first Homecoming in a lifetime.
''Well, it wouldn't be a party without the guest of honor, would it? Bring him to me.'' Klaus said and I looked at him and then at Stefan.

''I don't trust you.'' I said and he furrowed his eyebrow. 
''Well...''Stefan wanted to talk but I cut him off'' Be dear...give me your hand.'' I reached my hand and took his hand in mine. He looked at me,obviously confused.
''Look mate...my wife here have an extraordinary ability to see someones memories and therefore tell if you are lying. '' Klaus explained and i concentrated on his memory about Mikael.
My head started to hurt but I ignored it and soon, the pain stopped and  I saw dead Mikael in the middle of the Salvatore's house. 
I let go of Stefan's hand and then turned to Klaus. ''He is telling the truth. Mikael is daggered.'' I tell him.
''Well...let's go then.'' Klaus spoke and Stefan looked at him '' All right. Perhaps there's something in it for me...? My freedom from your compulsion?''
''Oh, you want your freedom. Well, once he is dead and his weapon destroyed, you'll have your freedom. It'll be my pleasure to give it back.'' Klaus told him and then added ''Bring Mikael to me.''

--------------------------------

''My mom would seriously freak if she saw all these people here.'' a young boy, Tyler walked up to us.
''Your mother won't be a problem: I compelled her to go to church and pray for your friends.'' I wink at him with a smirk.
''What are you talking about?'' he asked and I rolled my eyes letting Klaus to explain everything to him while I walked a little bit further into the room.

Most of these people were Niklaus' hybrids. I didn't like them even though they were sired to Klaus and therefore would do anything for him, or me.
''Where's your date?'' I asked walking up to a young doppelganger.
''Getting me a drink.'' she briefly answered.
''Well, seems I have you to thank for Mikael's demise.'' I took a sip of my wine.
''He came up to me. I had no choice.'' she says without looking at me.
''Still I'm impressed. It's not easy for a human to dagger an Original.'' I softly smile at her , trying to figure out if she is up to something.
''It wasn't the first time.'' she says quietly and I laughed ''Right...Elijah.You seem nervous?'' I furrowed my eyebrows.
''I'm not nervous. I just don't like you.'' she faced me and I laugh quietly .
''Look..'' I tell her while bringing her face closer to mine so only she can hear me ''People have been after me and my husband for 1000 years. And we are always one step ahead. So whatever it is you're thinking of trying, go for it, give it your best shot. You won't succeed.'' I smile a little and then walk to Klaus who was sitting on one of the chairs.

''You know that they have something in mind.'' I tell him while sitting in his lap.
''Yes.'' he answer briefly.'' But as always...we will survive love.'' he kisses the back of my hand and then a young blonde women walks up to us.
''You have a visitor.'' she says quietly.
''Well...tell him to wait.'' Klaus hugs me closer to himself and I laugh
''He says that his name is Mikael.'' I froze. I knew that they would try to do something. But this still shocked me.
''Then we mustn't keep him waiting. Move everyone out back. I'm gonna have a little chat with my dad.'' he and I stood up, walking to the front door.
I was scared, but I couldn't let that old man see it.
''What ever happens, don't leave the house. He can't get inside.'' he told me and then we looked at the man in front of us.

''Hello Niklaus...Althea.'' I heard a voice that I hadn't hear in 1000 years.
''Hello, Mikael. Why don't you come in? Oh, that's right. I forgot you can't.'' Klaus smirked and I leaned.
''Or you can come outside.'' Mikael said.
''Or I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb.'' Klaus smirked 
''They can't kill me.'' Mikael spoke and then looked at me ''Dear Althea Petrova....'' he smirks and I correct him''Mikaelson actually.''
''Yeah..right.'' he smirks '' I kind of admire you. Running from me for 1000 years with Niklaus...''
''The running will stop soon.'' I tell him but soon I spotted one of Klaus' hybrids dragging Elena Gilbert to Mikael.
He smirks ''Come and face me Nikalus, or she dies.'' 
''Go ahead. Kill her.'' Klaus' challenges.
''No, Klaus. He'll do it.'' Elena cries out.
''If she dies, this lot will be last of your abominations.'' he tells him.
'' I don't need them. I just need to be rid of you.'' Klaus answers and Mikael laughed once more ''To what end, Niklaus? So you can live forever, with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you any more, boy! What do you have other than those whose loyalty you forced? No one. No one.'' he teased and my eyes started tearing.
''Stop saying that Mikael!'' I yelled and Klaus walked to the barrier ''I'm calling your bluff, father. Kill her.''
''Come outside and face me, you little coward. And I won't have to.'' Mikael challenged.
''My whole life you've underestimated me. If you kill her you lose your leverage. So go ahead. Go on. Kill her. Come on, old man. Kill her. Kill her!!!'' Klaus spoke again.
''Your impulse, Niklaus. It has and will forever be the one thing that keeps you from truly being great.'' Mikael said and then stabbed Elena in the stomach, she fell on the floor - dead.

The next thing that happened was a blur to me. Damon rushed and tried to stab Klaus in the chest. 
''NO!'' I cried out rushing to his side but the younger Salvatore beat me to it. He rushed towards Damon, knocking him off Klaus.
''What are you doing?!'' Damon yelled and I grabbed the stake from the floor, rushing towards Mikael stabbing him in the chest ''Bye Mikael.''

Mikael fell on the floor, and then bursted into flames and died.
I watched him burn and then turned to Klaus who was still on the floor.
''What the hell did you do?'' Damon yelled at Stefan and Klaus stood up ''He's earned his freedom.'' 

Klaus walked to Stefan ''Thank you my friend. You no longer have to do as I say. You're free.''

--------------------------