The One Where Alaric Is Alive

I walked around Nik's and mine shared bedroom watching as his hybrids packed our staff. We finally decided to leave town and go somewhere together.
''Careful with that!'' I said to the young girl once she started to pack my makeup. 

''Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me.'' I heard Rebekah voice downstairs. I ran towards the stairs, watching my husband and his sister that stood in the main hall.
''Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead.'' Nik walked towards her.
''Well, he's not and he's a vampire thanks to mother's spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's strong, Nik. Too strong.'' Rebekah said,running a hand trough her hair. I walked down the stair towards them.
''Where is he now Bekah?'' I asked.
''He's stuck at the school without a daylight ring, but as soon as night falls he'll come after us. '' she said to me and then turned to Niklaus ''We need to leave now.''
'' Fine. I'll collect Elena, we'll be on our way.'' he said.
''Oh God Niklaus.'' I rolled my eyes.
''Forget Elena! You don't need any more stupid hybrids!'' Rebekah yelled.
''What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us.'' he said, annoyed.
''We'll protect each other, like we always have. Always and forever, Nik.'' Rebekah yelled and I stood by her side, nodding.
''She is right. We survived together for 1000 years.  '' I tried to reason him.
''I'm not leaving without her.'' Niklaus said, calmly avoiding eye contact with me.

''I'm leaving now. You can either walk out that door with me or you are on your own.'' she said, looking at him.
''Rebekah...C'mon! '' I stood in between them.
''It's okay Thea. I know you are going to stay with him.You always do.'' she said, leaving the house.

''Why can't we just leave without the doppelganger?'' I asked, annoyed.
''I need more hybrids...To protect us. '' he tried to explain but I just rolled my eyes.
''Whatever Niklaus. I think you should visit our friends.'' I said, refering to the doppelganger and her friends.
''They are not going to help us. '' Nik stated, sitting on the chair next to the fireplace.
''They will...once we tell them that you started their bloodline. If you die, they die. '' 

---------------------------

''What the hell do you want?'' the younger Gilbert asked once he entered the door of his house, spotting Niklaus and I.
''Now is that any way to treat a guest?'' I asked, small smile on my face.
''Well, for starters, young Jeremy here could show some manners and invite me inside.'' Niklaus spoke.
''No!'' Damon said, breifly.
''Go to your room Jeremy.'' Stefan added, looking carefully at the young boy that soon left up the stairs.
''You forgot something.'' I smiled, going inside of the house. ''I was invited in a year ago.'' I smiled wickedly. ''Where is the doppelganger?'' I asked.
''Elena's not here. Alaric has her and Caroline and he's gonna kill them both unless you turn yourself over to him.'' Stefan spoke to Niklaus.
''Now, I know you're not asking me to walk into a certain death.'' Nik told them.
''I really wish we could. But unfortunately, if Alaric kills you two there's a two in five chance that we die too.'' Stefan explained.
''I'll take those odds.'' Damon spoke.
''Hush!'' I yelled, kicking him in the stomach.
''And a hundred percent chance that Tyler dies.'' Stefan spoke again.
'' I'm good with that too.''Damon said.
'' Why don't we just figure out a way to put Alaric down?'' Stefan proposed.
I nodded ''That's better.'' I said and pushed them outside of the house.