fourteen

"Don't forget that your coming to my house after football practice because we have that thing," I reminded Wyatt as we walked out of the school together.

"Practice ends at three, so I should be at your house around 3:15," He informed me.

"That's good, it gives you time to shower so you aren't stanky," I giggled.

"Do you not like when I'm sweaty and gorgeous?" Wyatt asked acting fake hurt.

"Well, you do look very sexy when you are sweaty, but I can't stand to smell your sweat for over an hour," I explained in a very over the top fashion. Wyatt started to laugh at me and we stopped in front of mine and Grayson's car. Wyatt let go of my hand to wrap his hands around my waist.

"I'll see you around 3:15," He smiled before kissing me.

"See you then, and don't be late!" I warned him before giving him another quick kiss. I then opened the passenger door to my car and hopped inside.

"Took you long enough!" Grayson groaned as he started the car.

"I'm sorry I'm slow, I'm not particularly fond of walking fast."

Grayson rolled his eyes, "I can't even imagine how slow you will be when you're super pregnant." He pulled out of the parking spot and started driving the route back to our house. We sat listening to music for the remainder of the drive, but when we got close to our house, Grayson turned down the music.

"Please don't be mad at me," He pleaded, sending me a quick glance.

"Why?" I asked, but when I saw another car in our driveway, I knew something was up with him.

"So, I am kinda talking with someone and I invited her over, and you don't really like her," He informed me.

"Please promise me that you won't mention my pregnancy?" I begged him.

"I won't say a word, that's your secret to tell, not mine," he promised.

I crossed my arms and looked at him, "You literally threatened to tell Mom."

He put the car in park before throwing his hands in the air. "She had the right to know!"

"I guess that true," I huffed before looking out the window of the car. I was utterly shocked at who I saw. There are quite a few people that I dislike, but I was not expecting somebody who makes me want to hurt them every second I'm around them.

"YOU'RE TALKING WITH KELSEY!" I gasped.

"Maybe."

"Gray, I can see her sitting in her car," I said in a dull tone.

"Okay, we may have started talking like last week, but it's nothing super serious yet," He advocated.

"You know she literally hates my guts and is in love with Wyatt right?" I asked.

"If either of those were true she wouldn't be talking to me," He huffed.

"Whatever," I mumbled before opening the car door and getting out. I tried to get into the house without having to talk to Kelsey, but she was faster than I was.

"Kennedy! It is so good to see you!" She smiled.

"Don't even try that on me, I haven't forgotten that little conversation we had a short time ago," I told her. Before she could reply, I slammed the car door shut and walked into my house and straight up to my bedroom. I locked the door behind me before letting my backpack fall to the floor.

I let out another frustrated huff before laying down on my bed. I pulled out my phone to text Wyatt and then realized that one of his teammates might see the text, so I decided against texting him. It was a safer alternative for me to meet him outside my house.

Out of all the girls at our school that like my brother, he chose Kelsey, who was clearly in it for all of the wrong reasons. I wanted to tell him what her motive probably was, but either he would call me a liar or tell me that I'm not the one she's dating. Kelsey had never liked me because I was close to Wyatt, and nobody was allowed to be close to Wyatt except her. I wasn't going to let Kelsey's little rule stand between Wyatt and I, he was my brothers best friend for heaven's sake. Kelsey hated me from that moment forward, but it's not like I was dating him all of that time, she still had a perfectly good shot with him, but she chose not to take it.

I shook my head to try and get all of the negative thoughts out, but was pretty much unsuccessful, so I turned on Netflix and started watching a random movie to ease my mind. I watched the movie until I heard a car turn into our driveway, as soon as I heard that, I ran down the stairs and out of my front door. I saw Wyatt getting out of his car and ran towards him.

"Do not mention anything about the thing that we have going on," I told him, completely out of breath.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me, "Why? Isn't it just your brother home?"

I pointed over to Kelsey's expensive car before looking back at Wyatt.

"Kelsey is here. Apparently her and my brother have been 'talking' to one another for like a week, but I know she has different motives. I'll tell you after you shower," I rambled. Wyatt grabbed his bag out of his car before grabbing my hand.

"Everything will be just fine," He promised me before we headed in the house. I immediately lead Wyatt up the stairs, but could still feel Kelsey's stare burning a hole in my back.

Once we made it into my room, I locked the door and Wyatt headed to the bathroom. He showered in under five minutes, which I assumed meant that he wanted to know whatever story I had to tell him. He laid down on my bed next to me and pulled me into his arms.

"So, what happened with Kelsey?" He asked me.

"Do you remember how I told you I had an encounter with Kelsey the day of that awful assembly?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Well, it was actually about how I 'stole' you from her and how she was going to get you back one way or another. So, I feel like her being with my brother is somehow part if this plan. Maybe she thinks she can find dirt on us, which she definitely can, but like I don't know what her plan is, I only know her end goal," I explained to Wyatt.

"We need to tell Gray," Wyatt told me.

"He won't believe us if we tell him now! He'll think that we just made up the whole thing!"

"Why does everything have to be so confusing now?" Wyatt asked with a frustrated voice.

I sighed, "I don't know, but let's push this aside and head to our hopefully happy event that is next on the agenda."

-----

Hey guys! Thank you for being so patient with me! I didn't expect for it to be this long in between updates, but everything had been kinda busy recently! Thank you all so much for reading and I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter!

xx - Sidney