thirty-nine

"What do you think about these cookies for the party?" Arden asked as she showed me a picture of sugar cookies, some had blue frosting and others had footballs on them.

"I like them," I shrugged. The bell on the door rang as somebody entered the baby store, "Hi, welcome to Bonjour Baby Boutique let me know if you need help with anything today!" I told the lady who walked in the door. It was the first day I was working the store front by myself without anyone else with me. Lilah was still in the building, but she was in the back doing administrative things. So Arden and Jess both came to do two things, plan the baby shower and keep me company.

"Look at this baby hat! It is so cute!' Jess squealed as she ran up to us holding a baby fedora.

"That's a Perry the Platypus sized hat," Arden laughed as she took a closer look at it.

"That makes it seem stupid," Jess huffed before marching away to out the hat back where she found it.

"What about balloons, do you want balloons?" Arden asked.

"Honestly, I don't care whether or not we have balloons," I informed her.

"You should do balloons, but minimal balloons, like don't throw balloons in every nook and cranny of the house," Jess chimed in as she walked back to the front of the store, to where I was sitting at the register.

"Okay, should they be all the same blue or two different blues?" Arden asked.

"Light blue and white," I suggested.

"I like that," Jess agreed.

"Streamers?" Arden asked.

I shook my head, "No, we did those for the gender reveal."

"What about—" Arden started before getting cut off by Jess.

"Did I tell you guys that I went in a date yesterday night?" She asked us.

"Shut up, you did not!" Arden squealed.

"I did, and it actually went really well," Jess smiled.

"We need more details," I urged her.

"Okay, well, he picked me up and we went roller skating, which was super fun, and then he took me out to dinner," She blushed.

"That's so sweet," Arden cooed.

"Who is this mystery man? I must know!" I asked.

"Well, that's sorta the thing, you promise you won't be mad?" She asked.

"Why would I be mad?" I asked, either I was having major pregnancy brain, or her comment didn't make sense in my head.

"Because it was your brother," Jess said.

"You went on a date with Grayson!" Arden whisper yelled, since there was still a customer in the store.

"My brother actually took you on a proper date?" I gasped sarcastically.

"So you're not mad at me?" Jess asked.

I looped my arm in her arm and pulled her into a side hug, "Of course not! Honestly, I'd be a huge hypocrite if I was because I'm literally dating Grayson's best friend."

"That's good," Jess sighed, "Grayson was so scared to tell you, so I told him I would. Please promise you won't try to scare him away from me, I think I actually really like him."

"I would never, Grayson deserves a great girl after what happened with Kelsey and I think you are just what he needs," I smiled.

Jess pulled me into a tight hug a whispered, "Thank you so much Kennedy."

"You're welcome Jess, as long as you're happy and my brother is happy, I'm happy," I promised her. The door bell chimed and I looked up to see my coworker coming in for her shift, which meant my shift was over.

"Looks like it's time for me to head home ladies," I told Jess and Arden and I grabbed my bag.

"I'm heading home too then, I'll send you the invitation for a final approval when I have it all ready and pretty," Arden told me.

"Awesome, I'll be looking out for that. Thank you so much again for planning this for me, you honestly didn't have to!" I thanked her.

"Don't worry about it Ken, I have nothing better to do and you do not need a bunch of extra pressure on yourself right now. Planning your baby shower is the least I can do," Arden said.

"I have the best friends in the whole world," I reminded them as we walked out of the store.

"Yes you do!" Arden joked.

"I'll see you two Monday?" I asked.

"You may see me sooner than that, I might be over at your house soon," Jess informed me.

"Cool, I guess I may see you tommorow!" I told her.

"Bye babes!" Arden called as she opened her car door.

"Bye!" Jess and I both called as we also got into our cars. I threw my bag on the passenger seat and started the car before making my way home. Thankfully the store was only a little less than ten minutes away from my house, so it didn't take me very long to get back home, where my boyfriend and comfy bed would both be waiting for me. When I pulled in the driveway, I saw Wyatt's car parked and a smile instantly broke out on my face. I grabbed my bag before hopping out the car. I hurried into the house, since it was a little chilly outside and wanted to be in the warmth as soon as possible.

"I'm back!" I called into the house. Wyatt appeared from the kitchen, while I heard Grayson's footsteps upstairs.

I leaned into Wyatt and placed a kiss on his lips, "Hi."

"How was work?" He asked as he pulled me into a hug.

I melted into his figure and rocked back and forth with him, "It was good, Arden and Jess definitely helped pass the time when they were there."

"That's nice," Wyatt hummed and he rested his chin on my head.

"Hey Kennedy?" Grayson called as he finally came pounding down the steps.

"Yes Gray?" I asked him, pulling my head away from Wyatt's chest.

"I have something to tell you," He said.

I smirked, knowing exactly what he was going to tell me, "Is it that you went on a date with one of my best friends?"

"She already told you? When did she tell you? Please don't be mad!" He begged. I left Wyatt arms to walk over to my brother.

I grabbed his shoulders and forced him to look me in the eyes, "Grayson, I'm not mad. I'll tell you the same thing I told Jess, I'd be a huge hypocrite if I was mad about you two dating because I am dating your best friend and I don't want to be a huge hypocrite."

"So you don't mind if I date Jess?" He asked.

"No Gray, you just have to promise you won't hurt her," I told him.

"I promise I won't hurt her," He smiled.

"Good," I responded. Grayson happily ran back up the steps and I returned to Wyatt's side.

"That was very mature of you," Wyatt noted.

"Yeah there was no way I would tell him he couldn't date Jess. First of all he literally let me date his best and only friend, and secondly after the whole Kelsey thing, he deserves to be happy, just like us," I commented.

"That's why I love you," Wyatt grinned.

-----

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for 200k reads!! That is so crazy to say! Just 3 and 1/2 months ago, we hit 100k and now we are already at 200k!! Thank you all so much for reading and sticking with this story. If you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and comment! Love you!!!

xx - Sidney