twenty-two

"I never did ask you, but how did you whole conversation with Grayson go on Monday?" I asked Wyatt as I met him in front of the school after school had finished on Friday.

"How do you think it went?" He chuckled, grabbing onto my hand and leading me to his car.

"Not well?" I questioned. Everyday following the conversation, Kelsey was still either at my house or Grayson was with her somewhere else.

"He told me that he allowed me to continue to date his sister, so I have no say in who he dates or what he does with them," Wyatt told me.

"He's being an asshole if you ask me," I mumbled, "He is not acting like the Grayson that I know right now and I don't like that."

Wyatt sighed, "Yeah, hopefully he'll figure out all his issues soon." He unlocked his car and I threw my back pack on the ground of passenger seat before hopping in. Wyatt put his backpack in the backseat before he slid into the driver's seat.

"So, where are we going?" Grayson asked.

"I think we can get everything I need at the mall, so let's just head there first," I answered. My monthly sleepover was only a week away and I had to buy my secret santa gift along with a white elephant gift. I was also going to take the opportunity to get most of the Christmas shopping for my family our of the way.

"Do you wanna hear how I'm gonna tell the girls I'm pregnant?"

"Sure."

I turned to face Wyatt, even though he was looking at the road.

"Okay, so we're doing a white elephant, so I'm gonna do like a few little gifts in a basket and then I'm going to put a pregnancy test or an ultrasound picture inside of necklace box and stick it in the basket, and then when somebody opens my gift, I'm going to tell everyone that I'm pregnant," I informed him.

"That's nice," Wyatt smiled.

"I'm just glad this one isn't at my house, so they can only bombard me with questions and not attack you," I sighed in relief. While I'm sure most of the girls would be excited, I was scared that a few of them might freak out.

"Yeah, probably best to let them cool down for a few days before they see me," Wyatt chuckled. He pulled into a parking spot at our towns mall, there seemed to be a decent amount of cars in the parking lot.

"Alright, let's get shopping!' I squealed as I grabbed my purse and pushed the car door open. Wyatt laughed at me as he did the same and met me at the back of the car. We interlocked fingers and headed into the mall.

"Where to first?" He asked me.

"Bath and Body Works," I informed him as I spotted the familiar blue sign and caught a whiff of candles. We walked inside and I immediately grabbed my mom's favorite lotion to give her, along with a gift set for the white elephant, and a body spray for Jess. I had drawn Jess's name for the secret santa, so I was responsible for buy gifts for her. It was pretty easy, since her and I were very similar. I paid at the cash register before we headed to the next store.

"If you need to stop in any place, just let me know, this isn't just a shopping trip for me," I reminded Wyatt.

"I know, but don't worry about it, I already have most of my shopping done," He answered.

My jaw dropped, only figuratively, not literally, "You already have almost all of your Christmas shopping done?"

"Yup, that's how it works when you do most of your shopping online," he grinned.

"You sneaky, sneaky boy!" I giggled as I led him into one of my favorite clothing stores to look at clothes to get Jess. I found her a cute sweater and found a few cute shirts and sweaters for myself to wear after I didn't have to hide my bump.

"Are we almost done yet?" Wyatt asked me as we walked out of a clothing store I had just browsed around. We had shopped for almost an hour before getting a snack, then we had gone back to shopping, it had been about half an hour since that.

"Yes, I think I have everything I need, so we can head out," I informed him, but I did a double take when a cute baby clothing store caught my eye. In the window there was a super cute pair of soft, fuzzy baby booties that were perfect for either a girl or boy.

"Wyatt look," I whispered, pointing at the pair of gray and white booties with tiny pom poms hanging off of them by strings.

"Ken, we're having a summer baby, they won't even be able to wear those until next winter," Wyatt reminded me.

"But they're so cute!" I said, giving him puppy eyes and pouring my lips.

"Fine, but you wait here, I'll go get them and if somebody asks, they're for my older sister," He told me. I kissed him quickly and squealed out a thank you before he walked into the store. I sat down on a nearby bench and looked through everything I had bought.

"Hey Kennedy! You shopping for the sleepover next weekend?" I looked up to see Hailey smiling as she sat down next to me.

"Hey Hailey! Yeah, I am, I figured I should get it done now, so I don't have to worry about it later," I answered her.

"Who do you have in the secret santa?I swear I won't tell anyone."

"I'm not telling, but I'll just say it's not you!" I laughed as I set my bags on the ground by my feet.

"Fine! I guess I'll have to wait until next week!" She sighed.

"You'll survive," I giggled.

"Hey Hailey. Kennedy, are you ready to go?" Wyatt asked walking back up to us.

"Hey Wyatt, where'd you come from?" Hailey asked as she stood up. I followed suit and grabbed my shopping bags off the ground.

"Oh, I saw something I thought Kennedy might like, so I told her to wait here while I went and looked. Turns out it wasn't what I thought it would be," Wyatt shrugged. I glanced down at his hands and noticed that he only had the bag he was holding from earlier in his hand. I assumed that when he saw Hailey talking to me that he stuck the bag with the baby boots inside the other bag.

"It was nice to see you Hails, I'll see you Monday!" I smiled, giving her a quick hug.

"See you Monday Ken!" She giggled before walking off and into another clothing store.

"I cannot wait until people know," I sighed as I leaned into Wyatt's side. He wrapped his arm around my waist and rubbed my side.

"One more week and then your friends will know and after that everyone at school will know a little bit after winter break."

Wyatt and I had decided a few days back that we would not really announce it to the school, rather I would show up a few weeks after winter break, my bump fully on display with Wyatt at my side.

"It will be nice, but it's also terrifying to think about. All of the opinions people will have is what really scares me," I confessed.

"The only opinions that matter are yours and mine, everybody else's are just words," Wyatt comforted me. He kissed the side of my head.

He was right, I really didn't need to worry about anybody else's opinions, as long as I had the support of my mom, brother, and my amazing boyfriend, I was all set.

-----

Hi loves!! Thank you all so much for reading this story and voting and commenting! I know that I don't respond to all of your comments, but I promise you that I read all of them! Also, the club that has been made in the comments to beat up Kelsey if she does anything wrong, you guys are awesome!! Anyways, thank you so much for all of the love you have given to this story! Don't forget to vote and comment if you are enjoying!

xx - Sidney