thirty-two

"The party planners have arrived!" My mom yelled to me.

"I'll be down in a minute!" I called back, putting in my earring. Once I had the backing secured against my earlobe, I headed down the stairs and pulled my two best friends into a bone crushing hug.

"Thank you guys so much for doing this for me! You two are the best!" I told Jess and Arden as I pulled away.

"Anytime babe, you know I'm already planning your baby shower," Arden winked.

"And me!" Jess added in.

"Don't worry, we wore opposite colors to confuse people, we aren't giving anything away," Arden told me, gesturing to her wearing an adorable pink dress, while Jess was in dark jeans and a baby blue sweater.

"I cannot wait to find out because then we can actually start to narrow down names and then choose a name for this little babe," I smiled, running my hands over my growing bump. I was almost already to the half way point, which was absolutely mind boggling.

"Has anybody told you you're glowing Kennedy?" Jess asked.

"Stop it, you guys don't have to say that," I laughed nervously, tucking a strand of curled hair behind my ear.

"You actually are girl! And that outfit looks so good on you!" Arden confirmed.

"Thank you both." I looked down at my outfit, since it was cold, I chose to wear a pair of light blue jeans with a pink tank top, and a cardigan that was fuzzy and white.

A pair of hands landed on my waist. "They're not wrong, you look stunning, love," Wyatt said, kissing the side of my head.

"You two are adorable!" Jess squealed.

"No they're not!" Grayson yelled from the kitchen.

"Stop being such a Debby Downer Grayson! I'm going to start calling you Gloomy Grayson!" Jess called back at him. I had been a little over a week since he ended things with Kelsey and while he wasn't one hundred percent back to his old self, he was getting closer each day.

"Enough talk ladies! We have a lot to set up!" My mom commanded, entering the room with two rolls of streamers. While I wanted to help out, Wyatt made me sit out. So, I watched as the house went from being a normal house to an explosion of pink and blue in less than an hour.

"I cannot wait to find out," Wyatt smiled, taking a seat next to me as he admired his handy work with the balloons tied around the house.

"Was it worth the wait?" I asked him.

"Kinda," He admitted, he turned to face my bump, "So what are you little one? A football star like your dad or a princess like your mom?" He asked, resting his hand in my stomach.

"I've felt the baby moving around a little bit," I told Wyatt.

"Really?" He asked, his eyes lighting up.

"Nothing major, just a flutter here and there, no kicks yet," I informed him.

He pouted his lips as he poked my stomach, "Come on baby, I know you're in there!"

"Wyatt, that's not gonna do anything," I laughed as he continued to poke my bump in different spots.

The doorbell rang and before I could get up to open it, Jess and Arden were already on it.

"You stay there, we'll greet the guests and then get down to business," Arden instructed me.

"Alright, I'll let you do your thing," I laughed, relaxing in my chair. There weren't very many people to greet. We kept the group small. Other than my mom, my brother, Wyatt, and myself, we only invited the girls I have my monthly sleepovers with and Wyatt's parents. The group was very small, which is how I liked it.