The Girl in the Fireplace

I give up, guys. I wanted to have to Rewrite up to date with the original version by Christmas or the New Year at the latest. I'm so sorry about this. But I think that I'm changing enough for it to still be interesting?

I have hopes of getting it done by summer with the rate I'm going. Maybe earlier if I'm really lucky.

Enjoy,

Nick

"Hey," Mickey greeted quietly, sitting down next to Tyra. She was currently curled up by the Tardis doors, looking out into space. As far as she was aware, Rose was still sleeping and the Doctor was around somewhere, either breaking something or reading in the library.

Tyra turned her head to the side, looking at Mickey "Hey. What are you doing up?"

"Couldn't sleep," he shrugged "I'm just... I'm finally here. Maybe now..."

"Mickey," Tyra sighed, shifting to angle her body towards him. He didn't even have to say anything else because it was obvious what he was thinking "I can tell you this. You don't need Rose. Don't throw away all this." She gestured out into the stillness of the universe "Just because you think you can get her back. Enjoy being here, enjoy seeing what the world has, had and will have to offer."

Mickey blinked before a teasing grin spread across his face "Sometimes I actually forget how old you are. It's only philosophical stuff like this that makes it obvious."

"Why thank you," Tyra snorted "But I'm serious. You are so much better than this. I've seen it again and again."

"The Doctor didn't," he pointed out.

Tyra leaned her head against his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She glanced back to see the Doctor leaning against the doorway, watching them quietly "Oh, he did. Trust me. Even he couldn't be that much of an idiot. He just enjoys messing with you."

"But why?"

"My brothers are the same way," Tyra explained "They bicker like there's no tomorrow – or at least Kol does and Nik and Bex join in but at the end of the say, we're still family. We go to the end of the world to protect each other. Always and Forever, Mickey."

Mickey frowned "But you said that you haven't spoken to your siblings in a while."

"Even though I ran because of what Nik and Elijah did to me and the others... If I find out that any of them were in serious trouble, I would drop everything. I have people keeping an eye on them at all times." She paused for a moment, playing with the hem of her shirt "After a thousand years it's hard to care sometimes but the bond between my siblings and I... It's something special. There are ups and downs but every family has those. Our fights are just a bit more... bloody."

"How many siblings do you have again?"

Tyra shifted, leaning her head back, resting it against the wooden doorframe "Five. Four brothers and a sister."

"That is a lot. I'm a little jealous of you for having siblings," the boy admitted with a small grin.

Tyra snorted "Don't be. Siblings are a menace. I don't know how it is to have younger siblings but having older ones is a pain. You can never do stuff without at least one of them trying to get into your business. And the number of times any of my brothers stopped men from even looking at me or my sister... It was funny on occasion but other times. Well, having them run off everyone you're interested in is..."

"Sad," Mickey murmured "That means that you never found your happy end."

"What is that exactly?" Tyra laughed with a shake of her head "Vampires don't get happy endings... It all ends in pain and suffering and blood."