Family of Blood

"Make your decision, Mr Smith," Jenny said. Tyra caught Martha's gaze and got ready to get out of the Mother's grip when Martha nodded.

Baines hummed "Perhaps if that human heart breaks, the Time Lord will emerge."

Tyra moved quickly and was about to knock Jenny out when the whispering started in her mind. Her head snapped to the side along with those of the family "Time Lord," a voice breathed. Tyra stepped back when she was suddenly free and glanced down in confusion. Her eyes widened a little when she saw the body on the ground. How?

"It's him," Baines hissed.

While the Family was distracted, Martha quickly wrestled the gun away from the Father's hands, holding it to his forehead "Alright," she snapped, casting a quick glance to the ground by Tyra's feet "One more move and I shoot."

"Oh, the maid is full of fire," Baines laughed.

"And you can shut up." Martha fired the gun at the ceiling, causing the remainder of the Family to back away from her.

Clark grabbed Baines' arm, barely holding back his anger at the sight of Jenny laying on the ground "Careful, Son of Mine. This is all for you so that you can live forever. Don't risk us in favour of your plan."

Baines barely deemed the other man worthy of a look before his hand shot up, pointing the gun at Martha "Shoot you down," he smirked. Tyra shifted to stand in front of Martha enough so that the shot would hit her but not enough so that she wouldn't be able to shoot him.

"Try it," Martha challenged.

"Would you really pull the trigger?" Baines asked, raising his eyebrows in amusement "Looks too scared."

Martha growled lowly "Scared and holding a gun is a good combination. Do you want to risk it?" The Family lowered their guns as one, staring at both of us in disgust "Doctor, get everyone out. There's a door at the side. It's over there." She gestured with her left hand "Go on. Do it, Mr Smith. I mean you."

"Do what she said," Joan called out "Everybody out, now. Don't argue, Mr Jackson. They're mad. That's all we need to know. Susan, Miss Cooper, outside, all of you." As if that broke the spell, the villagers started running away, screaming their heads off.

"Do they always have to scream?" Tyra complained.

Martha let out an incredulous laugh "Not all of us can be practically immortal and not feat anything, Ty."

"I'm not afraid of anything," she murmured before turning to her. Tyra grabbed the gun out of her hands and prodded her in the Doctor's – John's direction "Go. I'll be right there, alright?"

Martha hesitated for a moment "Don't kill them," she breathed, moving away "They're not worth it."

When everyone was gone, Tyra tilted her head, staring at the three remaining Family members "So, what now? Are we going to stare at each other until your painfully short lives end or are you going to do something?"

"She's almost brave, this one," Baines grinned before a thoughtful look flitted across his face "Then again, that much was obvious from the first class. There is something different about her."

"What happened to Baines?" Tyra asked, a little concerned about her student. She doubted that he was still alive but it was worth a try.

The Son sneered "Consumed. Their bodies are outs."

"Thanks," Tyra nodded "Means I don't have to feel guilty for killing a friend." She gestured to Jenny's body.

The Father snarled and was about to raise his gun when Baines interrupted by snapping at the scarecrow that had been sneaking up on Tyra "Get the gun." She let the gun go, easily, throwing them another look before she was out of there. From the looks of it, the Son wouldn't have it easy to convince the Father to continue with their goals. One of them was already dead and the others would soon follow. Whether due to their lifespan or another reason.