Fool Me Once

"Tyra?" the Doctor cleared his throat.

Tyra turned to him, looking away from Rose and Jackie "Hm?"

"Can we talk? There is something I... Something we need to talk about," he murmured, gesturing to the Tardis.

"Erm, sure," Tyra nodded, narrowing her eyes. She had no idea what was going on but from the Doctor's tone it seemed important "What is it?"

The Doctor sighed, running a hand through his hair "I overheard you talking to Rose... Or the other way around."

Tyra raised her eyebrow "And?"

"I heard part of it," he admitted "I just want to know what you were talking about. Ever since then you and Rose seem to really dislike each other."

"It's been coming a long time," she shrugged "And I'm not going to tell you the answer. If you wish to know, then ask Rose. Honestly, I'm just trying to stay out of her way. If I don't, I'll do something I'm going to regret for sure."

The Doctor put his hand on her shoulder "That's another thing. I know that you're trying but..."

"But I seem out of control," Tyra finished with a sad smile.

"What? No," he frowned "I wasn't going to say that."

Tyra shrugged "You weren't but it's not like I'm wrong. I know and I'm trying but life keeps throwing all this crap on me and I don't know what to do." It had been hard to admit but now that the truth left her lips, she actually felt a little better and it wasn't like the Doctor didn't understand.

"What do you mean?"

"Just... Everything," Tyra gestured "From your regeneration to having Cassandra in my head. Then Nik and Victoria. And now the parallel Mikaelsons and Mickey staying behind... It's like I can't move on because whenever I try, my past seems to just come up again."

The Doctor reached out and pulled Tyra into his arms. His hearts were aching at the pain in her voice "Maybe it's time to accept your past?"

Tyra let out a bitter laugh "Says you."

"I might not be the best person to give that piece of advice," the Doctor winced at the truth of her words "But that doesn't mean I'm wrong."

"I know that," she sighed "But you know as well as I do that it's harder than you think."

The Doctor hummed "True. You're doing well, though. You're facing your past every day and you're surviving. You're having fun. That's something not everyone can do."

"Only thanks to you," Tyra whispered with a small smile, leaning against the Doctor a little more.

He couldn't help but press a small kiss to Tyra's forehead "I'm just going to tell Rose that I'm moving the Tardis outside. How about we watch a movie or something?"

"I'm choosing," Tyra shot back, ignoring the fact that she could still feel his lips on her forehead "I really don't want to be stuck in another Disney marathon."

"Blasphemy," the Doctor cried "Disney is the best."

Tyra rolled her eyes "Says the guy who starts crying every time."

He pouted exaggeratedly "You're so cold-hearted. How can you not cry?" The Doctor went to leave the Tardis before he stopped, looking over his shoulder "Can you just promise me one thing?"

"What is it?"

"Promise me that it's nothing bad. That what you and Rose are keeping from me is nothing bad," the Doctor clarified.