Smith and Jones

Tyra walked into the orthopaedic ward of the hospital after slipping out for a bit while the Doctor faked sleep. As soon as she entered, she saw a group of people in lab coats surrounding the Doctor's hospital bed. Why he had decided to actually check-in and not just hang around, Tyra didn't know. Especially with the small issue of him having two hears. But then again... he couldn't have persuaded her into admitting since she was just as likely to get noticed. Maybe not quite as likely but then again, her heartbeat was noticeably slower than that of a Human. It was enough to raise suspicion at the very least.

"Now then, Mister Smith," Doctor Stoker nodded as Tyra joined the Doctor, sitting down in the chair that was waiting for her. She only knew the doctor's name because he was the one who had examined the Doctor yesterday "A very good morning to you. How are you today?"

The Doctor who had been looking at Tyra with a raised eyebrow turned to face the man "Oh, not so bad. Still a bit, you know, blah." He grimaced as he said that.

Stoker turned to the group with him "John Smith, admitted yesterday with severe abdominal pains. Jones, why don't you see what you can find? Amaze me."

A dark-skinned woman who had actually introduced herself to Tyra when they bumped into each other earlier, walked forward "That wasn't very clever, running around outside, was it?" Tyra stood up when the medical student went to stand on the side she was sitting, retreating a little so she could access the Doctor better.

"Sorry?" the Doctor blinked in confusion.

"On Chancellor Street this morning?" Martha leaned frowned "You came up to me and took your tie off."

Tyra crossed her arms, sending the Doctor a mock frown "Did you sneak out without me again?"

"Ty," the Doctor exclaimed in annoyance before looking up at Martha "I was here, in bed. Ask the nurses. Or Tyra when she stops being a pain."

Tyra grinned, not insulted in the slightest "He was here all night," she assured Martha.

"Well, that's weird," she murmured "Cause it looked like you. Have you got a brother?"

"No," the Doctor shook his head, expression saddening "Not anymore. Just me."

Stoke cleared his throat impatiently "As time passes and I grow ever more infirm and weary, Miss Jones."

"Sorry. Right," Martha winced, reaching out to listen to the Doctor's chest. She froze and Tyra pouted a little at the fact that she couldn't see her expression. Her head snapped around, earning a wink from the Doctor.

"I weep for future generations. Are you having trouble locating the heart, Miss Jones?" Stoker shook his head with a disappointed frown.

Martha straightened "Er, I don't know," she stuttered "Stomach cramps?"

"That is a symptom, not a diagnosis," Stoker lectured "And you rather failed basic techniques by not consulting first with the patient's chart." He picked up the chart at the end of the bed, dropping it in shock when he got an electric shock.

"That happened to me this morning," Martha pointed out.

"I had the same thing on the door handle," a young man cut in.

"And me, on the lift," another female medical student, Tyra didn't know the name of, nodded.

Stoker straightened up importantly "That's only to be expected," he shrugged off "There's a thunderstorm moving in and lightning is a form of static electricity, as was first proven by... Anyone?"

"Benjamin Franklin," the Doctor answered immediately and Tyra barely withheld the groan. She had a feeling of how that would end.

"Correct," Stoker nodded.