Time Crash

Tyra was curled up on the jump seat as tightly as she could manage with only the Tardis' painkillers keeping her up, staring into space. Ever since the Master died and Mikael vanished into the hole he had been rotting in before, she just didn't feel like she wanted to go on anymore. She could still see Niklaus being slaughtered in front of her, smell him burning. Kol, Finn and even Rebekah tortured and daggered, thrown into the sea. The pictures were burnt into her mind the same way the scars were etched into her skin. And the worst thing was that no one really remembered. Mikael didn't remember torturing her, Klaus didn't remember dying, Elijah didn't remember being the only one of his siblings still free. He also didn't remember helping Martha to save the world. Tyra had so far avoided looking into any mirrors as the scar on her face – one of the worst ones she had – was still raw and she didn't want to see how she looked. The knowledge of how she felt was more than enough, she didn't need a visual to go along with it.

"Ty," Jack called out quietly, sitting down on the jump seat next to her.

She jerked away from his hand, falling off the other side of the seat with a pained whimper "What?" she whispered. It had been around two weeks since the Doctor had burned the Master's body, two weeks since the Doctor had done something other than mourning and she had spent most of her time with Jack and Damon until the Doctor brought him back to Mystic Falls a few days ago. She didn't blame the Doctor for mourning his former friend though. She would never blame him. The Master had been his friend and no matter how psychotic he turned out to be... They were still friends.

"I'm sorry," Jack murmured, holding out his hand for her to take. They had done a lot of healing together although Tyra was by far worse off than him. His body had healed from the Master's torture, Tyra wasn't so lucky. She wasn't as bad as she had been right after but her wounds only looked marginally better "You know... You can always visit me, okay? I'd love to introduce my Valkyrie to my team."

"Maybe," Tyra nodded with a tiny smile. It wasn't much but apparently enough for him.

Jack reached out slowly, pulling Tyra into a loose embrace and pressed a small kiss to her forehead "Take care of yourself, alright?" She nodded, her eyes drifting back to the console. Jack let out a sigh and ran his hand through her hair one more time, walking past her and out of the Tardis where the other two were waiting for him.

"How is she?" the Doctor asked worriedly. He hadn't stayed away because he wanted to but because he thought that Jack and Damon would be able to help her more. It probably hadn't been his smartest idea from the look Damon had sent him when he dropped him off but... He felt like it was his fault that this happened. Not only to Tyra but to Jack, Martha and Martha's family. To the whole world.

Jack shook his head "I don't know what to tell you," he murmured "She's different now. You know, I never thought something could hurt her as much as Mikael did. She was always so... strong. That someone could do this much damage is scary."

"But she'll be alright?" Martha asked, looking up at the Doctor "You'll look after her, right?"

"I will look after her," the Doctor nodded "And she will get better. Even if it takes a hundred years."

Jack clapped the Doctor's back "That's good to hear." He paused, considering whether or not to voice his concerns. In the end, he decided to just spit it out "I'm a little worried. You know how your life is. One adventure after the other. Promise me something, Doctor?"

"For her? Anything," he murmured.

"If you can't stay out of trouble, I want you to bring her here. Bring her to Cardiff," Jack told him "Not forever but for a little while until she can go running around the universe with you again. This is nothing against you. You know that, right?"