Calming Down on Barcelona

"Are you ready?" the Doctor asked, a huge grin on his face. After the disaster that had been the Titanic, he had been hesitant to go anywhere before Tyra was ready but the Tardis took things out of his hands once again. She loved messing with him recently and he had no idea what he did to annoy her so much.

Tyra wrapped her arms around herself, almost drowning in the sweatshirt she was wearing. She was still mad at the Doctor for knocking her out without warning her about it. The whole thing had given her more nightmares than she ever wanted "Where are we?"

"Oh," the Doctor shrugged, his eyes lighting up "Just the place you have wanted to go to forever. We're on Barcelona."

"Really?" Tyra asked, tilting her head, a grimace stealing its way onto her face "We only had to go through hell before you finally take me there."

The Doctor's grin fell as he sighed "Tyra, it isn't like that."

"I know," she shrugged, rubbing at her eyes "It's fine, Doctor. Are we going to see the dogs with no noses?"

"Oh, this isn't even everything," the Doctor told her "I have a bit of a surprise for you."

Tyra looked at him uncomfortably. She wasn't sure what to expect and it wasn't something she wanted to get into. Knowing the Doctor, this trip was going to turn into a mess and there was no way she was up for anything more than sitting around at the moment. Their trip to the Titanic had left more pains than she had before - if that was even possible "Actually, I'm tired, Doctor... I just want to go to sleep some more."

"I'll let you rest after this, alright?" the Doctor asked, hoping that she would at least agree to go with him. He wanted to give her a little bit of peace and quiet "But I really think that you're going to enjoy it."

"At least tell me where we're going," Tyra mumbled, tightening her arms around her stomach. She looked up at the Doctor, with apprehension in her eyes.

The Doctor knelt down in front of her, reaching out to place his palms on her knees "I promise you that you'll not regret it. Trust me?"

Tyra chewed on her lip, looking into the Doctor's pleading eyes before looking away uncomfortably. She relaxed when the Tardis' hum droned out the hateful voice that was starting to overwhelm her "Okay," she whispered, barely audible "Okay, let's go."

The Doctor grinned at her and leaned forward slowly, making his intentions clear before pressing a quick kiss to Tyra's lips. She pulled away almost as quickly as their lips touched but it was good enough for the Doctor "I love you, Ty."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Tyra looked at the room, trying to keep her expression blank. There were puppies of all colour and races scrambling all over. Puppies with no noses, puppies with wings, puppies with horns, puppies and more puppies, all playing happily with each other. She stuffed her arms back into her sweatshirt keeping her eyes on the puppies.

"Go on," the Doctor nudged her as one of the employees opened the door. He had spoken to them while Tyra had been enthralled by the puppies.

The employees knew how helpful a couple of hours with dogs or animals could be to someone who wasn't well. The fact that they could see how bad the girl was, told them everything they needed to know to let her have some time with their puppies.

Tyra looked up at the Doctor and shook her head, taking a step back. She opened and closed her mouth a couple of times, trying to force out the words before giving up, dropping her head.

The Doctor let out a small sigh and lead her over to the door. He tugged at her until she was kneeling on the floor next to him, the puppies already coming up to them, sniffing curiously.