Lazarus Experiment

„There we are," the Doctor nodded in satisfaction "Perfect landing. Which isn't easy in such a tight spot."

Martha raised her eyebrows in amusement "You should be used to tight spots by now. Where are we?"

"The end of the line," the Doctor replied, making Tyra's head snap up. He was taking her home. Why? "No place like it." The medical student grinned before practically running outside.

"You took her home," Tyra murmured, stopping the Doctor from walking past her "Why?"

The Doctor tilted his head "I promised her one trip. She got three."

"Are you really sure that you want to leave her at home?" Tyra asked, narrowing her eyes "Because from what I've seen you like having her around as much as I do. And I know that I like having her around."

"Come on," the Doctor sighed, lightly pushing Tyra toward the door. He wanted some time along with Tyra but apparently, she wouldn't let him. Still, he would have to try.

Martha was staring at her apartment in sadness "Home. You took me home?"

The Doctor nodded "In fact, the morning after we left, so you've on been gone about twelve hours. No time at all, really."

"But all the stuff we've done... Shakespeare, New New York, old New York?"

"Yep," the Doctor grinned "All in one night, relatively speaking. Everything should be just as it was. Books, CDs, laundry." He picked up a piece of underwear with a smirk on his face. Martha gaped at him for a moment before snatching it away "So, back where you were, as promised."

Martha bit her lip "That's it?" She glanced over at Tyra "Ty?"

Tyra raised her shoulder in a shrug "Sorry, Martha. I really like having you around but, in the end... It's his decision."

"I'm going to miss you," Martha mumbled into Tyra's shoulder, pulling her into a hug "You'll keep in contact?"

"I'll definitely..." She was cut off by Martha's phone ringing.

"Hi, I'm out," Martha's voice said on the answering machine "Leave a message."

Martha grimaced but made no move to answer the phone "I'm sorry."

"Martha, are you there?" an older woman asked "Pick it up, will you?"

"It's Mum," Martha sighed, waving off "It'll wait."

A huff sounded from the answering machine "Alright then, pretend that you're out if you like."

Tyra snorted in amusement "Well, she knows you."

"I was only calling to say that your sister's on TV. On the news of all things." Martha's mother sounded more than a little exasperated "Just thought you might be interested."

Martha gasped, diving for the remote of her TV. An old man appeared on the screen with a younger woman standing behind him "The details are top secret," the man said, looking right at the camera.

"How could Tish end up on the news?" Martha blinked in confusion.

"Tonight, I will demonstrate a device which will redefine our world," the man continued with a smug smile "With the push of a single button, I will change what it means to be human."

Tyra shook her head at the screen, knowing that they would probably go and check it out whether it meant to take Martha along or not. In fact... Maybe this was her chance to get the Doctor to change his mind. She had no idea why he was so adamant to leave her at home anyway. They had gotten along, hadn't they?